• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Presets not sorted alphabetically

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a group of Presets that were in a specific order, 1A, 2A, 1B, ect...  With the Lightroom 7.3 Upgrade, the order became all wacky and I can't seem to get it to sort.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TJMJHWY,

Sorry that your presets are not sorted alphabetically after the Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 update. We are aware of this problem and our Engineering team is working on it.

Please refer this discussion: Lightroom Classic: Develop Presets Not Sorting Correctly (macOS - High Sierra) | Photoshop Family Cu...  where our Engineers are tracking it.

I'd suggest that you add your vote and feedback to the above discussion which is being monitored by our our Engineers.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom for professionals is about consistency, repetition, and time-saving processing. Having my presets in order was extremely important in my workflow.  Presets I have created like "Skin Brighten Reset, -3, -2, -1, +1, +2, +3" are confusing and take extra time to find when they are haphazardly sorted in my preset list.

Please correct this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This completely unprofessional. The last downgrade I should say messes everything up. What am I paying for? All presets are wrong. You should give us a discount on next month sub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom 7.3.1 that should fix the presets sorting issue.

To update Lightroom Classic CC to 7.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Lightroom Classic CC. See Update Creative Cloud apps

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated but still not sorted correctly.  Let me clarify.  The presets are sorted correctly in the folders, but the folders are not sorted.   I would upload a picture but this tool does not allow it.

Can we just turn sorting off and let me arrange how I want to see the presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesn't look right. All my presets start with a number. They are now sorted in order of 1 - 10 -100 not 1 - 2 -3

Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Presets can be re-named by a Right-click,

And if you adopt the system:   001 - 002 - 010 - 100    with the zeros prefix to pad out the numbers they will sort correctly.

Numerical Sort works the same as the OS in that it looks at the first character and puts those in place in the list then it goes to the second character and lists those, etc, so you get the 1 - 10 - 100 - 2 - 200, - 3, etc.

Preset Groups however, cannot be re-named (in current LR version). Even renaming the Group 'folder' with File Explorer/Finder does not update the Group name in LR.

If you only have a few Groups to rename a work-around might be to create all the new Group names by saving a 'dummy' preset and the new Group name, then drag and drop the presets from 'old' group to 'new' group.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple thousands of presets. Are you suggesting that I should right click one by one?

Everything were okay in the order of 1 2 3... before the update. Now it's 1 10 100... 2 20 200...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Definitely not, if you have "thousands". I am not associated with Adobe, so it is only a suggestion from another user.

( as an aside- how do remember which ones you like to use?)

Perhaps Adobe will come up with an update that sorts correctly very soon.

If you cannot abide the current situation and assuming that you have the  .LRTEMPLATE files in the 'old' preset folder, you could-

Revert LR to v7.2 until Adobe fix the problem, or try to adapt:

1) Use a rename program to change ALL your .LRTEMPLATE presets with a number sequence prefix   00001 00002 00003 etc

2) Delete the .XMP versions in the 'new' preset folder

3) Re-start Lightroom and it will convert all the presets with the new filenames.

An 'oldie' but a 'goodie'- Lupas Rename

ScreenShot142.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a list of "favorites" that keep on a "cheat sheet". It's a bit harder to find them though the thousands presets since the last update. Thank you for your reply and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just released the free Fix Presets plugin that corrects the ordering bug with a click of a button, including the ordering of presets starting with numbers. You may need to invoke the plugin whenever you rename presets, change their groups (folders), or import new ones from earlier versions of LR.

The plugin also provides workarounds for a number of other develop preset issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

johnrellis, thank you for the plugin!!!!!!  that saved me hours of daily frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated this morning. The sorting looks better. After converting the presets again I now have duplicate presets in my list. I will go through the duplicates and remove one of them. im not sure why I have duplicates, however.

One unexpected behavior was that all presets were missing when I opened a photo that was offline. I don’t recall seeing everything disappear with an offline photo, so I initially thought the conversion process had deleted all my presets. After switching to an available photo my presets showed properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines