• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Server busy" error?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I start LR 6 (I don't use the 'cloud') I get an error message which will not clear by pressing any available option.  The error message reads:

Server Busy

This action cannon be completed because the other program is busy.  Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and corrrect the problem.

Box= Switch TO

Box= Retry

Box= Cancel (grayed out)

I don't use a server.  LR is installed on a single-user desktop computer.  Neither do I know what is meant by the very unspecific phrase, "the other program is busy."   I have no idea what "other program" is the referent in this stupid message.  Anyone got any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Please refer the below discussion

Error Message Server Busy During Startup

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds more like an OS issue. I've encountered this twice (Windows 10) and a full reboot (power to pc turned off prior to doing this) sorted it out. However, as we all know, what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the help suggestions at-

Server Busy error when launching or using Lightroom on Windows

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything on that page (Windows) and the problem/error still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer the below discussion

Error Message Server Busy During Startup

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem today and cannot find a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GMMagee,

We're really sorry for all the trouble caused you. Could you please let us know the Lightroom version you are using now?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.3 on Windows 10

On Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 8:18:48 AM EDT, Mohit Goyal <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

"Server busy" error?

created by Mohit Goyal in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

Hi GMMagee,

We're really sorry for all the trouble caused you. Could you please let us know the Lightroom version you are using now?

Regards,

Mohit

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10338513#10338513 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10338513#10338513

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GMMagee,

Please update Lightroom to 7.3.1 version via Creative Cloud desktop app and check if that helps.

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that and the Creative Cloud app will not work. It just hangs. Reinstall dies and shows repair or quit. Repair does not work.

On Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 8:33:49 AM EDT, Mohit Goyal <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

"Server busy" error?

created by Mohit Goyal in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

Hi GMMagee,

Please update Lightroom to 7.3.1 version via Creative Cloud desktop app and check if that helps.

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Regards,

Mohit

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10338518#10338518 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10338518#10338518

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 7.3 on a Windows 10 system. I get the Server Busy error on startup. I have tried multiple times to reinstall Creative Cloud installer and it fails on the "repair" option. Sometimes I just wait for a few minutes and then the Server Busy notice goes away and I can use Lightroom. This morning I deleted everything in the OOBE folder that it would allow me to delete. Lightroom is running but I don't know if I have fixed it. Because when I choose Updates in Lightroom. Nothing happens.

On Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 8:18:48 AM EDT, Mohit Goyal <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

"Server busy" error?

Hi GMMagee,

Regards,

Mohit

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10338513#10338513 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10338513#10338513

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally solved my "Busy Server" issue for my Lightroom 6 install. I started getting the error when my Windows 10 crashed. After reinstalling Windows 10 and Lightroom 6 (from Amazon download), I started getting the "Busy Server" error. I also noticed that my entire computer was operating very slowly (start-up and normal operations). That led me to suspect my hard drive was dying (that's technical term). I ened up replacing my hard drive with a new one (SSD this time) and reinstalled Windows 10 again. Amazing! That fixed everything. Lightroom 6 starts up normally and no more "Busy Server". If you have not upgraded to a SSD hard drive - do it! It's an easy DIY job (YouTube) and your computer will boot up with lighting speed.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines