• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere not importing full mp4

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated premiere pro to the latest version and now whenever i import a mp4 file, it says that the video is only a second long. I went and opened the mp4 in vlc to look at it and it has the full 30 min playing, but when i try to import the video it keeps saying 1 frame. I tried to import a different mp4 but i still got the same results. I tried cleaning the media cache but still nothing changes. Everything worked fine until i updated to the newest version.

EDIT: I tried to import mp4s that worked on previous version of premiere but they too are importing at 1 frame, but mp4s of exported projects import just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Hi JG1996,

Sorry for the issue. What is the source of the MP4 files. We have a similar known issue with Elgato captured footage in the latest version.

The workaround is to use the previous version of Premiere Pro. Here are the steps: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG1996,

Sorry for the issue. What is the source of the MP4 files. We have a similar known issue with Elgato captured footage in the latest version.

The workaround is to use the previous version of Premiere Pro. Here are the steps: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the footage I was trying to import was from an Elgato capture, so would 12.0 work or which ever version before that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JG1996,

Premiere Pro 12.0.1 version will work. You can install the version following the steps in this article: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app 

Thanks. ^VS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines