Opening CSH document (RH7:WebHelp)also opens an additional intermediate window

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening the CSH document in RH7
Output Type: WebHelp

> Using the RoboHelp_CSH_ASP.cs
It opens an intermediate window whcsh_home.htm in IE7. Is there a way I can get rid of this?
I tried Response.Redirect("csh_help_default.htm#<id=1"), it opens the intermediate page (whcsh_home.htm) and closes in Mozilla3.0 but doesnt close in IE7.

> Using RoboHelp_CSH.js
The CSH document is always opened as a popup from the calling application page, but my calling app page is a processing page for resolving the Help Mapping Id and I wish to show the CSH document in the same window or else atleast close the application specific intermediate page. But by closing the application specific page the CSH document also closes. Is there a way I can show the csh document by closing the calling page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some more findings...

RH Version: 7
RH Output Type: Webhelp

Problem: Open the CSH document associated with the ASP.NET page by requesting the Help from another application specific page(which resolves the appropriate Help map Id for the current page). The application specific processing page must either close after launching the CSH doc or show the CSH doc within itself.

Approach:
Attempt to show the CSH doc within the page that had resolved the approapriate HelpId by using Response.Redirect("target url").

CSH Url Format: " http://localhost/RH/default.htm#<id=1 "

>>Opening the CSH document using the URL by Client Application (using Response.Redirect("url"))

>Mozilla 3.0.6
Opens the correct CSH document. Also Opens and closes the intermediate windows

>IE7
Opens the CSH doc but an additional window appears (whcsh_home.htm). The intermediate window doesnt close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured out one possible solution:

There is a possible bug in whcsh_home.htm

Updated the method postWindowOpen() to close the window(line 241) to make it work for me.

But my concern is I would have to update the output genearted files by the Authoring team and it may not be the desired solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavan

If you were to locate and update the file used to create the WebHelp, it should then be populated to any WebHelp generated, no?

On my system the file exists in two locations:
D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_csh
D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\WildFireExt\template_csh

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The file is part of the RH7 Output generated for the project(of OutputType:WebHelp)

Yes this means that the file needs to be updated in the output folders of all the projects.

Also one more reason to update the whcsh_home.htm file is to configure the dimensions of the CSH window opened for requested help.
The Window option doesnt seem to help in configurating the Size and coordinates of the output csh window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp