• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts are missing (but are still located on my machine)

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem, and the Adobe customer support has (unhelpful) Moderator note: Profanity removed.. They wouldn't offer any help other than "It's your font" and "go try the forums" so I'm here trying to get help.

I have a font that I use for work constantly. Pretty much every single day. I've been using it for years with no problem. Well, today the font is "missing" in Premiere Pro. I can't find the font in the list of available fonts ONLY IN PREMIERE PRO. The font is found in Photoshop and Illustrator like they normally are. No problems there. The problem is with Premiere Pro only. I'm on a Mac using the latest OS and all of the most recent updates on Adobe CC. I have uninstalled Premeire Pro and reinstalled it. I have deleted the font and reinstalled it. I have restarted my Mac. I know Premiere updated recently, so maybe the update caused a problem?

Like I said, customer support wouldn't help me at all. They said to go to Typekit to find a font that is similar to the one that is missing and just use that. Totally unacceptable and very poor customer support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12.1.1 was supposed to fix that issue.

What version of Premiere Pro are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the most recent version, but had to go back to 12.0. Instantly had access to everything again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a moderator edited my post for profanity. I described the customer support person as "useless" and I'm sticking to it. Unhelpful would imply that they attempted to help me, but couldn't. This person literally did nothing to help me, said it was my fault and then just hung up on me. Yes, I do believe that this person is completely useless as a customer support person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guyyyy  wrote

I see a moderator edited my post for profanity. I described the customer support person as "useless" and I'm sticking to it.

Your post did not say "useless."  A reference to profanity was removed by me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem I think.  Updated Premiere to the latest version - yesterday - and suddenly my Postscript fonts weren't working.  Thought I was going mad.  Did all the usual fiddling for an hour to no avail.  I have just reverted to version 12.0 and hey presto, my fonts are back!

Only trouble is I now have projects saved in the more recent version that now I can't open anymore.  Is there a way to backwards save newer project files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines