• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC2018 Crashes when video dragged to timeline

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to premiere pro cc2018 every time I try to drag video files to the timeline the software crashes. I've read and tried a few "workarounds" to deal with this but none have worked. I've never had problems before this. I'm running windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the guide below to post some details.

How To Ask For Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Processor - Interl core i7-6820HK cpu @2.70 GHz

64GB Ram

64 Bit OS

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

SSD Drive - not sure of specs

I've tried various different files with varying sizes and formts - all produce the same crash as soon as the file in the project is clicked on to drag it to the timeline. It does not appear to crash with audio files when they are clicked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this happen before with footage that Premiere should read and process well. For whatever reason, we were able to import and view in source, but then dragging to the timeline--the whole program crashed. The first time this happened, we re-encoded the footage and everything worked fine through the rest of the footage. The second time it happened this did not fix--so we reinstalled Premiere and everything started working again. If you are still having issues, those two solutions could possibly fix that. I am curious though as to what type of footage+specs you are working with as well. Premiere is excellent at ready so many camera formats--but a few are still a little bumpy. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several different files - my usual MP4 UHD, avi, HD MP4 and even some footage grabbed using screen-recording software - all of them cause the crash as soon as I click on them to drag. I've also uninstalled and re-installed the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 has as far as I know 3 releases and there is 'Home' 'Professional' 'Enterprise' etc ....

you have to make some research to check which handles Premiere Pro's capabilities best, which

of them makes proper use of your hardware with Premiere, like I heard there are builds that are not

able to handle all RAM and GPU capabilities...

but as Jim Simon said, better share details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10 pro - never had a problem using premiere pro before the 2018 version - I've been using cc for the last couple of years and before that I used Premiere Pro CS6 and indeed went back to that software to accomplish the task that I wanted to in cc2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines