• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panels in Premiere Pro 2018 12.1 unresponsive

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem occurred for me the other day while I was editing. I have a project with around 40 video files and about 35 audio clips with several sequences. I was editing the first two sequences smoothly and without any issues, however upon starting to work on my third sequence, the panels suddenly became unresponsive. I am still able to playback and edit, but the panels only appear to visibly acknowledge an action once another action has taken place.

To give an example, if I highlight a video clip on the timeline, I can only see that I have highlighted the video clip when I press play (or take any other action). Then with a highlighted clip, if I click off it to un-select it, it stays frozen on the previous action until I press play/pause/whatever.

It's not a programme-killing bug, but it really slows down the edit process. I don't think it would be a hardware-related issue, as only a few days ago I was editing on this project file just fine. I've tested in other project files, and they seem to be working as they should.

Any idea what this could be? I may have to end up splitting everything into separate project files, but surely Premiere Pro should be able to handle that much data? I've worked on much bigger files, so I can't see what the issue would be.

Many thanks for any help or suggestions given.

(FYI, this problem occurred when I was working on this project in the 12.01 build, and the update to 12.1 didn't fix it)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing is find where your media cache and cache database are, close PrPro, and then manually delete everything there. See if that fixes it.

If not, create a new project, and from the Media browser in that project, navigate to the old project file, and import the sequences, as there may be something corrupt in that project file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I followed each of your suggestions and unfortunately neither of them worked. I agree that there is something corrupt in the project file, but it apparently effects the sequences even when imported into a new project file.

I've started a new project file with the same footage, but new sequences, and at the moment everything seems to be running normally. So unfortunately no fix, but thanks for your suggestions. They at the very least shined a light on what the issue could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes this can be such a pain in the tuckus ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to update on this, the problem occurred in an entirely new project with entirely separate footage. Luckily it happened right as I was finishing the project, so I was able to limp onwards for a few minutes and export it. But now that's another unusable project file. This time the bug occurred when I imported a JPG, so I don't know if it's an import error or something like that. Is there a bug reporting feature I could use, so hopefully this issue gets resolved in a patch at some point?

And if anyone else is having this issue, it would be great to know so we can try and problem solve as a team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the overview page for this forum, they have links including to the new "user voice" bug/feature system. It's a VAST improvement over the previous thing. You can search for what's been reported, add in your views on an issue, and watch as they respond.

Adobe Bug /Feature Request form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines