• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

uneven eye movement_Version 1.5

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m experiencing an uneven eye movement issue that is only apparent in Version 1.5.  The eyes are moving independently from one another and yield a cross-eyed result.  Although the eyes are asymmetrical, they function properly in Version 1.1 of Ch Anim. Could this be a bug?CrossEyed.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Sean sent me the puppet, and the issue was a lack of eyeballs. I've seen this in a couple of puppets with eye issues after 1.5 - while 1.0 seemed to handle these situations okay, because of some pupil changes (non-centered support), if you don't have an eyeball layer for the right and left you'll run into wonky situations like this. For Sean's case, I made some invisible ovals (no stroke or fill in AI) in each eye, called them "right eyeball" and "left eyeball," and when it reimported they worke

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a bug, but it also could be something that used to not matter (but was wrong) now matters.

In case useful, I wrote up a recent blog post on how I debug eyes... https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/ - would love to know if useful or I am missing topics worth covering or other useful techniques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks alank99101739.  Very thorough write-up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean sent me the puppet, and the issue was a lack of eyeballs. I've seen this in a couple of puppets with eye issues after 1.5 - while 1.0 seemed to handle these situations okay, because of some pupil changes (non-centered support), if you don't have an eyeball layer for the right and left you'll run into wonky situations like this. For Sean's case, I made some invisible ovals (no stroke or fill in AI) in each eye, called them "right eyeball" and "left eyeball," and when it reimported they worked well after turning down eye gaze strength a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton Dave!  This solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

invisibleEyeFixIllustrator.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines