• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

some spaces omitted after conversion from x5

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently converted my help project from x5 to ver. 7. After the conversion, some, not all, words display merged together in the compiled help, but don't appear that way in Design mode or when previewing the topic. Normally, it happens following a word that is bold, or hyperlinked. When I look at the html, it appears to be formatted properly, In the following example the words Option Management display in bold:

Design/Preview Display - Option Management menu
HTML - <span style="font-weight: bold;">Option Management</span> menu
Compiled Help - Option Managementmenu

The only way to add the space is to insert a space prior to the /span tag. Of course, in the case of hyperlinks, this extends the hyperlink into the blank space. This happens throughout the project sporadically, and it will take me forever to try and catch all of these occurrences. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? It also appears to be happening sometimes when I cut/paste from Word.

Thanks so much for your help - Janet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009
Yes, I still had the same results after applying the two patches. However, I installed version 8, and that took care of the problem. Thanks for the idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the two patches issued for RH7?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, I still had the same results after applying the two patches. However, I installed version 8, and that took care of the problem. Thanks for the idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp