• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange pixels when exporting transparent images

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have been trying to find a solution for this issue for several hours, but haven't found anything yet. Maybe it's because I am not sure of how to look for the problem.

I have been trying to export a series of files to pdf. Some of them contain linked .psd files which have transparencies. But whenever I export them, strange pixels appear to the right side of the images, like this:

pixels2.pngpixels1.png

I have tried several things to fix this, none of which actually worked. I tried merging the layers in Photoshop and even changing the files to .jpg with white background with no results.

I created a new document and inserted the images. They exported fine at large sizes, but when reduced, the same thing would happen.

The only solution I could find was: 1) to reduce the original image size to the size I wanted to export to. And 2) Use the PDF/X-4 default settings. Then the images exported correctly. But when I tried to use the same PDF/X-4 settings but downsampling the images, the problem appeared again.

I am using version InDesign CC (13.0)

Does anyone have any idea of what this could be? Thanks a lot in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Your scale transform is so radical the down sample is picking up the edge of the canvas—the black die is scaled to less than 1% and has an effective resolution of 8949ppi! The PDF you provided has been downsampled to 120ppi. If I open the image and increase the canvas so there is more space the artifact goes away.

Screen Shot 28.png

Screen Shot 30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing anything about the images, other than currently being PSD files...

It looks like a miter problem with vector images that was cropped off.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. What would be important to know about the images? I'd like to provide any information necessary... I reckon (but I am not 100% sure) that they were png files before being saved as psd. They were never vector images. Could that be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you package and Dropbox the ID page and placed images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Here is the link

Thanks for your help in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your scale transform is so radical the down sample is picking up the edge of the canvas—the black die is scaled to less than 1% and has an effective resolution of 8949ppi! The PDF you provided has been downsampled to 120ppi. If I open the image and increase the canvas so there is more space the artifact goes away.

Screen Shot 28.png

Screen Shot 30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your help, I hadn't noticed how big the images were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines