Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update RH7 to 7.02

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have migrated my help projects to a new PC, uninstalling (and deactivating) my copy of RH7 on my old PC and installing and activating on the new PC. I noticed that a few things weren't quite right (fir example, trying to insert an image and I can't browse and select, I must enter the full path in). Then I remembered that the patch for 7.02 was released last year, so I tried to update (from Help Menu -> Updates... ) and I got the following error:

Adobe Updater
- Adobe Install Manager Update
- Adobe Updater
You're resuming a download, but the file on the server has changed.

It then will not allow me to update RH7. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Regards,
darkagn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009
Try downloading the patches from here.

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darkagn

Sorry I don't have anything to offer as to why it's happening or what to do about it.

So why am I posting? Well, there is another thread currently running where the poster is talking about being unable to choose images, just as you have reported here. So I'm creating a link between the two threads in case a solution is found for either one. Hopefully it will solve both.

Click here to view the other thread

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the patches from here.

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about the poor users of RH6? Is there no upgrade for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were no patches for RH6. For quite a number of months after RH7 was launched, Adobe offered an upgrade for $80. If you look at the usual upgrade prices, you will see that was a giveaway.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the link, I have downloaded the patches and this has solved my problem! Quick note to all, patch 7.01 must be installed before you can install 7.02 patch.

Hi Rick,

It turns out I have actually had this problem before (might be why I thought of the upgrade to fix it) and Colum solved it for me. The problem has to do with the image's absolute path being longer than 120 characters.

Check out this forum topic for the discussion and solution to this problem

Thanks to all for the help, as always

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there

Thanks for the update!

Just as an FYI, when I'm facilitating a RoboHelp HTML class I will usually strongly suggest the following location for all RoboHelp projects.

C:\Projects (Where all projects will be stored)
C:\Projects\Project A (Your project name here and a different folder for each project)

I follow a very similar convention in personal practice. Instead of Projects, my projects folder is named Rick.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp