• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom 6 has reduced functionality? HELP?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom 6 has reduced functionality.  How do i reinstall without re buying the product?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Take a look at this article and see if it helps.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial version to licensed Lightroom 6 copy

More than likely somehow your install of LR 6 turned into a trial, and then expired, version of LR CC 2015. The article above describes how to revert it back to a perpetual licensed version.

If you are installing on a new computer, or reinstalling on your original computer that has been wiped and restored, then look to this page to download and install both the Base installer a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alans46715931,

Sorry that Lightroom 6 is opening up with reduced functionality. Could you please take a look at this discussion Lightroom CC opens with "Reduced Functionality" and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just read this email. It does not help me.

I originally bought Lightroom 6 and now does not work. What do I need to do to get it back working?

Alan

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If looking for help, a good place to start would be to describe in what way you're seeing reduced functionality. It would also be useful to know when it began and whether the issue occurred as a result of an update.

Other information that can be helpful includes:

1. Your operating system

2. Exactly which version of Lightroom 6 do you have (i.e. perpetual licence or Creative Cloud)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. How do I actually talk to someone at Adobe? Is there a phone number?

Alan

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this article and see if it helps.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial version to licensed Lightroom 6 copy

More than likely somehow your install of LR 6 turned into a trial, and then expired, version of LR CC 2015. The article above describes how to revert it back to a perpetual licensed version.

If you are installing on a new computer, or reinstalling on your original computer that has been wiped and restored, then look to this page to download and install both the Base installer and the 6.14 update. Install the Base Installer first then the 6.14 update.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a bunch....it now works... I really appreciate your help!

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issue, i clicked on the article and it doesnt take me to what was specified in your message? How do i view this article?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johnrellis You're a legend mate, thank you for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines