Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Selecting Specific GPU

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So my main editing rig currently has 1 GPU installed, and I use GPU acceleration in Premiere Pro for editing (working off Cineform) and rendering. But an odd question came upon me today, if I were to have more than 1 GPU installed in my machine, can I select a specific GPU to work with Premiere Pro? More so what I mean, is say I wanted a GPU to use for gaming, and a GPU to use for Premiere Pro acceleration so that when rendering my gaming performance (at least on the GPU end) isn't effected.

Currently, while gaming and rendering, my GPU gets about 20% of it's usage used up by Premiere Pro which hinders game performance. So I am really curious if a less powerful GPU could be assigned to work with Premiere Pro in specific. Hopefully this question makes sense, let me know if anyone wants more information. Oh and a note, I did search around for a few hours about this before posting but didn't find anything in specific that answered my question. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Premiere Pro will use the GPU that's driving your primary display.  There are no user settings for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro will use the GPU that's driving your primary display.  There are no user settings for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any potential workaround for this? I figured it was the case but wanted to verify anyway. Thank you for the fast response by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no user settings for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK thanks, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines