• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDFMaker plugin causing Excel to crash

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all. I have a user I support who is experiencing an issue with the PDFMaker Add-In in Excel (through Office 365). Typically, with the add-in enabled, the moment the user tries to type in a spreadsheet, Excel crashes with Event ID 1000 with a faulting module of KERNELBASE.dll. Sometimes Excel crashes the moment is loads. If we disable the PDFMaker Add-In, Excel runs perfectly. I've tried some common troubleshooting from the support site, including repairing both Office and Adobe. I've also tried disabling all the features in the PDFMaker options. Finally, with no positive results, as recommended we uninstalled Acrobat DC Pro, then uninstalled Office as well. We then reinstalled Office, then reinstalled Acrobat. We rebooted, and the issue persisted just the same. At this point, I'm not sure what else I can do beyond reinstalling both applications - I am open to and thankful for suggestions. I couldn't find any similar complaints/issues here recently on the Adobe Forums or in Microsoft's forums.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Hello Isaacn,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Excel is crashing due to the Acrobat PDFmaker plug-in, Is that correct?

As you mentioned earlier that you have tried reinstalling Acrobat and Office applications, but Excel is still crashing, please check for any pending/mandate updates of Windows from Control Panel, install them and reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

You can also refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe artic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Isaacn,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Excel is crashing due to the Acrobat PDFmaker plug-in, Is that correct?

As you mentioned earlier that you have tried reinstalling Acrobat and Office applications, but Excel is still crashing, please check for any pending/mandate updates of Windows from Control Panel, install them and reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

You can also refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe article Troubleshoot Acrobat PDFMaker issues in Microsoft Office on Windows

If the issue still persists, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and check whether Excel is still crashing with the PDFmaker plug-in.

If you still experience the crash issue, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned out to be a corrupted user profile - recreating the profile fixed it. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Isaacn,

Great! Good to hear that the issue got fixed and you are back on track. Nice job troubleshooting that. Give us a shout in future if you need assistance with Acrobat/Reader/Document Cloud services.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines