• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Takes long time for Lr to see my catalogs

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the current version of Lr, it takes a long time after opening Lr before it sees the images in my catalogs.  This used to be fairly quick.

Any ideas would be helpful,  thank  you.

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try File>Optimize Catalog

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that help?  I just ran Synchronize Folder on the top folder, and today I opened LR and so far the hard drive has been cranking away for about a half hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it did not help I am just living with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you by chance using an external drive to store your images?  I am.  I'm going to try moving the Lightroom Catalog folder to my local hard drive, to see if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My images are on my computer.  I just tried opening Lr for the first time today and it took a while and shows a black band across the top of the window .  When that cleared up the images showed up pretty quickly.  I find that there are quite a few different things that happen at different times that take Lr a bit to find itself.  Again, just living with it.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have hundreds or thousands of presets?  In some of my testing of LR 7.3, LR showed the Mac's spinning beachball for quite a while on startup when I had several thousand presets present -- removing the presets fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only have the default presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines