• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't copy/paste transitions anymore???

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, Premiere copies EVERYTHING and pastes it into the timeline after selecting a single transition on the timeline, copying it, and pasting onto another item on the timeline.  I'm also pretty sure the option to copy used to be available when right-clicking on the transition as well.  Why was this feature removed?  Workflow slowed now...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

FYI, Copy and Paste of Dip to Black/White transitions is now fixed in Premiere Pro 13.1.3.

Fixed issues in Premiere Pro versions 13.1.3, 13.1.2, 13.1.1, and 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences. This should work fine. See if fixing your preferences fixes the problem.

1. Exit the application

2. Press and hold Alt (Windows) or Option (macOS) as you start the application. The

new preferences files are created when you start the application.

3. To restore default preference settings and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down

Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release

the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option key when the splash screen appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Past Katie's comment, when you copy then paste ... deselect things that you're not wanting to paste, in that dialog that pops up when you do the right-click/Paste option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall it ever being possible to copy/paste a transition outside of selecting the clips they were attached to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I do this almost every day in my edits. Copy and paste of transitions was most definitely an option and it needs to stay that way.

Katie,

I tried your ALT option and while it did reset my preferences it did not fix the issue. I will tty #3 on your list now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of those option worked. Cut and past still does not work with transitions.

WORD TO THE WISE. Save your keyboard shortcuts before resetting your preferences. "Premiere Pro" drop down then "keyboard shortcuts" then "save as"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Villiam3295  wrote

I'm also pretty sure the option to copy used to be available when right-clicking on the transition as well. 

No there was not. Select transition and copy (ctrl+C), select cut (Roll edit) and Paste (ctrl+V).

Make sure the track is selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking in:

The copy for a transition was never in the menu of context in Premiere (just FYI).

But about your copy and paste process: Are you selecting the edit point when pasting the transition?  If you are a Final Cut user you may be selecting the clips and pasting in the transition, which you can do. In Premiere, you need to select the edit point. But copy and paste should work fine. Are you still not able to copy and paste a transition in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about other but I was only selecting the transition and not the clips.

interesting discovery. I found that I could copy and paste a fade transition without any issue. I started checking others and Dip to Black and Dip to white resulted in this odd copy and paste of the entire timeline.

SOLUTION:

I was pulling my transitions from my "favorites" list and then trying to copy and paste them as usual and that's when it resulted in the odd copy and paste of the entire timeline. When I went directly to the original transition and put it in and then copy and pasted that it worked exactly as expected. So the solution appears to be to delete the current transitions in favorites and replace them with the original transitions. Mine appears to be working correctly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your copy was corrupted. Makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to new release of Premiere Pro CC 2019 and I noticed I could not copy transitions.

Further attempts revealed that some transitions could not be copied: So far, Dip to Black and Dip to White.

When copying one of these and trying to paste, Premiere oddly pastes the first thing that was copied to clipboard in the session, might be other transition or something else from the timeline.

Could not get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is probably a trash preferences thing to fix.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, you don't have this issue in your installed version? What version and OS are you on? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this for dip to white. PP 13.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, dip to white, can't copy and paste. 300 clips, dragging 300 times, not very productive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Premire to 13.1.2 (Build 9) and this problem still persists.

DIP TO BLACK and DIP TO WHITE cannot be copied to the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to finally replicate.

Didn't try a simple Ctrl/Cmd- C "copy" though. Sometimes that form workscwgen the full copy men doesn't.

Does selecting the transition then Ctrl/Cmd-C and Ctrl(Cmd)-V work for anyone?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue currently under investigation for Dip to Black and Dip to White transitions not allowing Copy/Paste. We hope to have this fixed as soon as possible. It should only affect the Dip to Black and Dip to White transitions in 13.1.x (it should still be working in 13.0.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, Copy and Paste of Dip to Black/White transitions is now fixed in Premiere Pro 13.1.3.

Fixed issues in Premiere Pro versions 13.1.3, 13.1.2, 13.1.1, and 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines