• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mobile downloads.lrdata

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a huge problem with mobile download.lrdata. I have a SSD on my laptop, and a harddrive for all my photos. I use lightroom mobile and the problem accures because I have had original photos on my Ipad.

When syncing in LR classic mobile downloads.lrdata keep putting pictures on my SSD and there is not enough room for alle the photos. I have relocated the location i preferences, but syncing the mobile downloads still keeps landing on the SSD.

How do I resolve this issue, so I can sync my photos with my Ipad, but not getting the originals on the SSD and where do I find the photos downloading to mobile downloads.lrdata in the sky??

I have tryed to delete LR mobile on the Ipad and launch it again, but that didn't work either.

Best regards

Anne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

At the bottom of the Folders Panel, just above the Collections Panel, you should see an entry similar to the bottom 4 entries in my screenshot. Expand that entry and you should find an "Imported Folders" folder, which is actually a link to the Mobile Downloads folder. Click on that "Imported Photos" folder and all the images will appear in the Grid, from where you can select them and drag and drop them to a different drive (either all in one go or a selection at a time if you want to move them t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne,

Have you tried going into Lightroom's Preferences > Lightroom Sync and change the location by checking "Specify location for Lightroom CC ecosystem's images" ?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it still puts the photos in the old folder, and not in the new one. I have tryed it several times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. I have "store a copy of all originals" in CC and "specify location for Lightroom CC ecosystem's images" in Classic CC both unchecked.

To be clear; these are not 'mobile' images; they are files I'm trying to upload and archive through Classic CC. It's up to a gb now. I've trashed it. it keeps rebuilding and re populating itself. I don't want to download these files that I'm uploading.

This happens when I have both Classic CC and CC open. This really is a mess.

Also, it's trying to upload the Mobile Downloads.lrdata file but it has given an error message "File is too large" In other words, the software is trying to upload the files it downloaded that I'm already uploading. Confused?

Can anyone help? This is way too complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t “upload and archive” images in the cloud through Lightroom Classic. Lightroom Classic uploads only smart previews of the images. And the Mobile Downloads.lrdata file is the destination for downloaded images, that’s why it’s name is “Mobile Downloads”, not “Mobile Uploads”. I can’t say from your description what the problem is, but these are the facts.

By the way, “Mobile downloads.lrdata” is not really a file. It’s a so-called package, a folder that looks and behaves like a file. Lightroom won’t try to upload it because it’s not a file and because it’s not an image, so this error must come from somewhere else in Lightroom. Maybe you can post some screenshots of the errors?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'mobile downloads.lrdata' file shows up as a 'device' in Lightroom. Like a separate disk. You can handle pictures in it in the same way as you can handle pictures anywhere else in Lightroom. So select all the pictures currently in that device in Lightroom, then drag & drop them into a normal folder on your hard disk in the Lightroom folder panel. That will move the pictures from the SSD to the hard disk.

Next, set the destination for new downloads in the preferences like Sahil Chawla described.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan

how do I find the "device" in LR on the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Folders Panel, just above the Collections Panel, you should see an entry similar to the bottom 4 entries in my screenshot. Expand that entry and you should find an "Imported Folders" folder, which is actually a link to the Mobile Downloads folder. Click on that "Imported Photos" folder and all the images will appear in the Grid, from where you can select them and drag and drop them to a different drive (either all in one go or a selection at a time if you want to move them to separate folders).

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim

I see them in that folder - and deleted the folder. When sync is on again it reappers. I will try to move them to a seperate folder on my external drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it still not describe why the mobile.download.lrdata is still keep coming on my SSD instead of my destination folder in LR preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Delete All Synced Data" would remove all your synced data from the cloud, but won't delete the data from LR Classic, i.e. it would remain on your hard drive(s).

Can you post a screenshot of the Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab so that we can see if there's a problem there?

Is the location that you've specified on an external drive? Is that drive always connected to your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The harddrive is on when I use sync. Otherwise it can be disconnected. But the catalog still keeps appearing on my SSD and there are not any synced photos in P:\billeder\lightroom\mobile downloads.lrdata only on C:\Users\anne\Pictures\Lightroom\Mobile Downloads.lrdata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annem48734012  wrote

The harddrive is on when I use sync. Otherwise it can be disconnected. 

That may be the problem. Sync is always on, even when nothing is synched. That means that Lightroom always needs to designate a place to download new images, for if and when they arrive. When you turn off that P: drive, Lightroom will default back to the SSD for these downloads (and apparently it does not change back when the P: drive is connected again).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stop the sync i LR before I close LR, so the syns is not on. The harddrive has not been disconnected after I changed the Preferences, and have never put anything on the P-drive only an info.lua (and I don't know what that is)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following: there is no reason to use a .lrdata file to store these images. Any normal folder can be used as well. So create a "Lightroom downloads" folder on the P: drive (or use any other name you like) and specify this folder as the location. See if that works.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tryed with Mobile downloads another Imported photos but that dosn't work eather.

But it seem that the photos downloading til the lrdata-folder is now synced, so there is not comming any more.

I have moved the to another folder inside LR located on the P-drive, and now I have free space on my SSD. Thats nice, and I hope that works, but it is quite alot of work before it dosn't fill my SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to somehow remove these disks "iPhone" and "iPad", because when you set up a download folder to your computer, those "virtual disks" are no longer needed.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Isabelle+Henne  wrote

Is it possible to somehow remove these disks "iPhone" and "iPad", because when you set up a download folder to your computer, those "virtual disks" are no longer needed.

Thank you for your help.

If you move all the images from these 'disks' to another folder, and then delete all the (now empty) folders of these 'disks' from the catalog, then the 'disks' will automatically disappear too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. I tried to delete the folders, but could not do it, although they were empty. What I did, was to move the "Mobile Downloads.lrdata" file outside the Lightroom folder and then move it back in (after having opened Lightroom once) and the two "disks" have disappeared. I hope that it will not create any syncing or other issues.

I find that the Adobe syncing philosophy in Lightroom Classic is catastrophic. Am I the only one to think that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem. I have set the standard location for mobile downloads to my external drive. I reinstalled Lightroom. I screamed at it.

Still, the mobile irdata file is growing and growing ... I simply do not have enough space on my internal drive. Why do we pay for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the destination in the preferences like Sahil Chawla described - I did that before I wrote in here, but the mobile.download.lrdata still keeps downloading to my ssd drive on my computer, and there isn't enough space.

What happens if I delete all sync data??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines