• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC2018 (19.1.2) is corrupting my files and I can't open them due to a program error.

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 1.54.11 PM.png

The above error message is what I am getting when I try to open some layered files I had spent some time working on. This has been happening to multiple files. The files started out as PNG files but because I had to change the art and add type layers, they were resaved as layered PSD files.

I am still able to open them in Preview, and can still view them in Bridge.

Oddly, I was able to open the files with CS6, that I still happen to have installed.

When I first go to open them in Photoshop CS6, I get this message:

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 4.58.13 PM.png

I would expect that some data in a file created in a newer version wouldn't be readable in the older version of Photoshop, but when I choose the "Keep Layers" option, I then get the program error message. However, I can choose the "Flatten" option and the file opens.

I was getting some help via FB messenger from someone at Adobe and they recommended I turn off the graphics processor in the preferences. That didn't work.

Anyone else having this problem?

I  am using MacOS OS High Sierra(OS 10.13.1.) on early 2011 17" MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM. The logic board was replaced 3 years ago and the hard drive is new as of last year. I know I need a new computer, so maybe this dinosaur of a Mac is the real cause of all this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bonjour,

J'ai le même problème avez-vous trouvé une solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines