• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've 4GB ram, 1TB HDD, win 7 64bit, i3 4th gen, 3.50GHz and it says your system is not compatible?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell me what to do

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy a better system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy a whole bew system ???

Can't i upgrade ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You definitely need more RAM, a better CPU and more disks (or better still, a couple of SSDs) - and if you're using only integrated Intel HD Graphics, then you need a discrete later-generation nVidia GPU such as a GeForce GTX 1050. In fact, if you're not using a discrete GPU (graphics card), the integrated Intel graphics will steal a small portion of the installed system RAM for itself, making that percentage of the installed RAM completely unavailable to programs.

The latest release of Premiere Pro CC requires a minimum of 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended) just to even run at all. And your i3 CPU has only two physical cores and only four processing threads - and no dual-core CPU is as powerful as even a mediocre quad-core CPU that's two generations older than the given dual-core CPU. Finally, a single HDD for absolutely everything (OS, programs, pagefile, cache, projects, media and exports) will become absolutely strangled for throughput no matter what: With all the OS housekeeping going on on that same disk, you'd never attain a disk IO throughput that's better than an abysmal 32 MB/s - far below what the disk itself is capable of.

Unfortunately, memory prices are still high. 16 GB of DDR3-1600 RAM still costs more than $150 right now. And check your motherboard's manual to see if it can accept an i7-4790 CPU. Otherwise, if you bought that system pre-built with no manuals for the individual components, then you may need to buy a whole new system. As a matter of fact, you might as well buy a whole new system if the total cost of the upgrade components needed to bring that system's performance to par is over half the cost of a whole new midrange PC.

Lastly, you may need to update your system's OS to Windows 10: Windows 7 does not natively support AC-3 (Dolby Digital) audio, and the latest release of Premiere Pro CC now no longer has built-in AC-3 audio decoding or encoding support, and will now only use AC-3 decoding that's native to the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines