• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook doesn't use his ram, but CPU is getting killed.

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just bought my first macbook pro OS X El Capitan v10.11.6. 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB. And while using premiere pro, only watching files from the timeline he uses from 150-300% of CPU which is a lot I guess but only up to 3GB of ram, he passed maximum to 3,8 while rendering in memory mode. So my question is, what is wrong? Why is the CPU being overused while the ram is barely touched? On my previous computer, Lenovo he was using up to 12GB of ram having 16GB in general - it seemed healhy. Please let me know because I am really afraid of burning the Mac for which I took credit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may manually choose how much ram you want premiere to use, by making new preferences, Configure preference settings in Premiere Pro Detailed description is shown here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know these settings, I already went all over them and it is all fine there - there is 12GB available for the Premiere Pro. If it would be that easy only I am still waiting for some help in this case because I'd love to use my RAM at some point!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines