• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't paste text in input field

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Basicly I have a window with a button. When i push this button a new window opens up (the old one doesn't close)

In in this new window there is an input field. And when I copy something from my clipboard i get the following message. "the command paste is not currently available"

However if I type it it works.  What did I miss? Do I need to activate pasting in input fields or something?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste in Photoshop scripting just is for pasting into an actual Photoshop file, and not the OS paste, which will paste into UI text fields. What are you trying to do that requires you to paste into a UI text field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you copy some Text into the clipboard or an image.   Photoshop Paste would expect a image in the clipboard if you used Photoshop edit  Paste.  If you copied text to the clipboard I do not know how you would be able to get that txt into a Photoshop text layer. You should post your script so we can see what you have coded a new window with an input filed  I would think you would have to use the shortcut Crtl+V to copy the text into that input files.  Photoshop menu edit paste will not do that

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines