Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush moves the Canvas - Intuos Pro

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I am using my pen on my tablet there is a weird behavior that started today (no idea what caused the change). The brush tool moves the canvas only horizontal or vertical. If I put my pen on the tablet for a couple of seconds then move the pen, then it works as usual. Using the tablet right now is quite a bother since I can't use a lot of brush strokes, but most of the time, it just moves the canvas.

I've seen another question that got answered that said to uninstall Windows update KB4089848, but looking at my updates, it is nowhere to be found.

Would someone know what is happening and what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Hello, indeed, Microsoft has made a fix: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, the issue had just started for me today as well. I did take a look at this thread Brush moves the Canvas - Surface Pen

BUT I cannot find the update that they suggested to uninstall. My windows 10 did do a massive update today which I'm fairly sure is related to the brush issue. I'm at loose for what to do as I have a big assignment to complete and I can't draw   Somebody help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you click Uninstall updates, find the update labelled Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4093112). Right click that, then click Uninstall.

The same Windows update happened to me today and caused the same problem. Uninstalling the update fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steveng8838559

Thank you so much!!! I had the same problem today.  My brushes did not work when I was zoomed in trying to paint. The brush just moved my canvas around. I realized that windows had updated before I turned off my computer. I uninstalled Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4093112). Everything works now. Now I can finish this project. You saved me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've been trying to figure this out for over 3 hours. My system froze right before this happened and when it came back up it did the updates. I had tried doing a system restore to go back to prior to the updates but then windows wouldn't even load but it did let me do another restore to get back after the update. Uninstalling that security patch did fix things but it looks like it's going to go right ahead and reinstall it the next restart (I'm on home so I can't delay it for a month).

The bug was weird, on my cintiq in photoshop CC it would draw normally if the canvas was zoomed in at all but if I started the line horizontally it would work fine until I lifted the stylus. But if I started the line at any other angle it would grab the canvas like the hand tool. Also if I held down either of the stylus buttons as I drew it worked normally also. None of this happened in any other program but photoshop both CC 2017 and 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, thank you so much. I just got this tablet and being a complete noobie at this stuff, I thought the tablet itself was defective. You just saved me money and a ton of hassle. Again, thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, my computer just updated and i cant use my brush without moving the canvas around. I tried removing the update from windows but i cant find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hi

The latest windows update (KB4093112)  has caused an issue with the Wacom tablet and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following (recommended) :

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop

That is it - all should now work well

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, so thanks but now my brush tool won't tilt if i tilt my wacom pen. This only happens if i uncheck "use windows ink" is there another option i have to click so my tilt fuction works again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you create the PSUserConfig.txt file with the content exactly as described in my previous post?   Photoshop needs to restart after adding that file

Tilt is working fine here with that configuration

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked correctly with the recommended method. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to find the file users in my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I tried as requested, to add a textfile..

But I can't find "Settings" in my photoshop 2018 folder, if that makes any sense..?

Can you help me? I need to finish that project.. <:S

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldnt find "settings" to, but then i updated photoshop and it appeared, now everything works perfect many thanks for the people giving advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I already have it updated ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue today. I was able to fix it by visiting the Microsoft Support Page concerning the April 10, 2018 Update KB4093112:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

If you scroll down, they mention known issues with this update, to include "After applying KB4093112, some users may experience unexpected panning or scrolling in certain apps while using the pen." It sounds like Microsoft is currently working on this issue, and in the meantime, they additionally list the steps for the workaround on this issue. I followed the steps and the workaround worded like a charm. Back to painting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the content of the file is exactly the same as you wrote in your previous post. I did not test the tilting, but the pressure works perfectly and I do not have the issue with the brush being used as a move tool anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Hugo - I'm glad yours is working as expected now .

My comment, on checking the text file, was aimed at stanl90004142 who said that tilt was not working for him

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help! It is frustrating that it broke again after being a thing just a week or so ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, indeed, Microsoft has made a fix: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines