• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tablet pen scrolls sideways and up/down instead of tool effect?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm in a file, press the pen and move, it moves the image horizontally or vertically. Just like when you are zoomed in and use the scrollbars on the right and the bottom of the image. It happens with any tool, not exclusively the brush. I'm only able to make the tools work if I make an horizontal stroke with the pen. If I move vertically or diagonally, it scrolls. When using the mouse it works fine, it's only with the tablet pen.

I realize now that I had a Windows 10 update just last night and noticed the problem later today the first time I opened Photoshop to start working. I use the most recent Photoshop version and a Cintiq 22HD.

I've made a driver update for the tablet, reinstalled PS, reset my preferences, reset PC. Not sure what is going on, but it seems related to the Windows update.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Hi.  You are one of several people who have reported similar problems after updating Windows 10.  The only advice we can give you for now, is to roll back the Windows update, and keep an eye open for a fix.  I am sure Microsoft and Adobe are aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  You are one of several people who have reported similar problems after updating Windows 10.  The only advice we can give you for now, is to roll back the Windows update, and keep an eye open for a fix.  I am sure Microsoft and Adobe are aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue here. I had a Window update last night and this problem started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

You may be able to see the update KB4089848 when you go in the pc Settings > Update and Security > View installed update history.

That seems to have been the one problematic for me and many others. You can uninstall it but it might not work. I had to use and extra little Microsoft troubleshooter to hide that specific update so it doesn't install itself when restarting.

There might be some extra answers here https://twitter.com/SydWeiler/status/983898360036851712.

Hopefully you find the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey people,

Had the same bug happening.
And after some research I found out I did not have the famous update that was causing the issue.

However, the twitter feed posted in here was helpful to say the least.

Logo EMPS.PNG

It helped me out. And I am really grateful for this. It kept me off my job for a couple of days already.

Thx for helping me out folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Are My hero!! Thank you - That was very painless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, users experiencing the scroll issue should run this Microsoft patch : Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of rolling back windows update, I came across this that solved my issue without having to do Win Tab or use Notepad or anything complicated. Here: Unexpected panning or scrolling in some apps with pen after applying - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, it is the same link I give, with additional information from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines