• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC CRASHES

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Lightroom CC to the latest version - I literally crashes all the time no matter what I'm doing.  It sometimes is immediate - sometimes its 20min.  I've cleaned up all older catalogs, made sure there were no duplicate older versions on my system.  I'm running LR on Windows 10 / 32g ram - ADOBE - any solutions???

cheers,
Annemarie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing you can try is to deactivate GPU support. Possible it helps

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Axel,

I'd LOVE to say that fixed it but nope... still crashes my whole system. 
Not usually while I'm editing but 9 times out of 10 its during an export.

any other suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/AM+Gruden  wrote

Not usually while I'm editing but 9 times out of 10 its during an export.

Can you be more specific about what you're exporting (e.g. DNG, Original, resized JPEG, etc)? Are you exporting to a new folder and/or allowing the exported image to be added to the catalog? The more info you provided the more that QE have to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Details:

- I'm working in folders, and exporting to a different folder.
- The images are edited NEF, exporting them as full sized jpgs
- Hard drive the LR is installed on is an SSD - HD they are being exported to is also an SSD

does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you configured Lr so that the exported images are added to the catalog (see below screenshot). The reason I'm asking is that some folk are reporting that crashes are more prevalent when catalog contains duplicate images (not necessarily same file type). That being said, I'm not sure why this would be the case.

Another question - did you apply an XMP based develop preset or profile to the images?

export-add-to-this-catalog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

I'm simply placing them in a folder - not adding them to a catalog.  I have used a basic preset that I developed as a favourite starting point for editing then adjusted from there.

A little more side info: LR was working perfectly until the last update from CC.  I did the update a little over a week ago and have had nothing but grief. I initially thought the crashes had something to do with my computer but have deduced all the crashes to LR itself. I've also been using LR / photoshop since their beginnings so I'm not a total newbie but I am becoming really frustrated.

any help / solutions would be greatly appreciated

cheers,
Annemarie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/AM+Gruden  wrote

I have used a basic preset that I developed as a favourite starting point for editing then adjusted from there.

If you haven't already done so, can you try exporting without having applied this preset?

Also, and I appreciate it is a PITA being asked to jump through seemingly pointless hoops, can you try resetting your Lr preference file using Method 1 described in How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No improvement at all with the new update. Crashes as soon as I open DBPoweramp.

Anyway, my account was charged with the monthly installement, despite the application doesn't work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does Lightroom function if you don't open DBPoweramp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works. I think LR freezes mostly when DBPoweramp opens the Bluray drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines