• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my picture load and then change colour tones

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always curious with Lightroom when I load a raw picture that when you click it its momentarily more vibrant in colour and then colour tones dip.

I'd love it to look like what it first looks like.

Whats going on when it does that. It like as if Lightroom takes in the picture and automatically makes some adjustment to it but I've not setting like that on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIghtroom first shows you the embedded JPG preview created by the camera, and that's what is shows you until it can (a few seconds later) generate an actual rendering of the RAW photo. The JPG preview created by the camera has edits applied, according to the algorithm in the camera software; the RAW shown by Lightroom has no adjustments applied.

There is no way to turn this off. If the renderings of the RAW images are not to your liking, you can apply, in Lightroom, develop presets to your photos at the time of import to get them closer to what you desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - interesting. Adobe so an unable to replicate Canon's rendering of a photograph. The Adobe version is definately not as good as Canon's but can be adjusted manually closer to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fergalo94229330  wrote

Thanks for that - interesting. Adobe so an unable to replicate Canon's rendering of a photograph.

All camera vendors have their own 'secret sauce' or 'look' that Adobe nor other third party raw converters can reproduce. Adobe could easily have adopted the attitude that their 'look' is best and left customers without an alternative. Instead, they created profiles that get reasonably close to the Canon 'look'.

The Adobe version is definately not as good as Canon's but can be adjusted manually closer to it.

That's a matter of opinion. Sure, you like the Canon 'look' and that's fine, but others don't and their opinion is equally valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fergalo94229330  wrote

Thanks for that - interesting. Adobe so an unable to replicate Canon's rendering of a photograph.

Not "unable" ... they didn't even try ... we don't know if they are able.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fergalo94229330  wrote

Thanks for that - interesting. Adobe so an unable to replicate Canon's rendering of a photograph. The Adobe version is definately not as good as Canon's but can be adjusted manually closer to it.

So who does Adobe choose, Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic? Which one? Every one of them, along with all the other camera makers has their own recipe for their raw files, and Adobe has to come up with their own recipe to emulate each one of them as closely as possible. Personally, I think they do a reasonably good job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe version is definately not as good as Canon's but can be adjusted manually closer to it.

And YOU can make a default profile that is better than Adobe's, and better than Canon's.!

Make YOUR profile to your liking and make it the default profile (or a Preset) that Lightroom uses for your photos.

Lightroom Classic Desktop April Update – Raw & Creative Profiles, Preset Updates, and More! « Juliea...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines