• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quickbooks

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a non-profit organization.  I do their accounting.  We use quickbooks. 

I recently got a new computer, and I am trying to install quickbooks into my new computer.  It gives me an error box, and requesting me to install "Flash Player 7" first.  But I can't seem to find it to download it. 

If I don't install it quick, I will get really behind in my work, and even disciplined!  Will someone please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 7 is a minimum requirement for QB to install. NOT the ONLY version it will work with. I worked for Intuit for three years, and did QB support for about eight months. I know this to be true. You can install Flash Player 11 and QB will install.

If you NEED, Flash Player 7 is in a zip file here Flash Player 7

but install the latest first, and QB should install with in in place:

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I followed your instructions.  I installed Flash Player 11.  Then I restarted my computer. 

and I'm still having the same problem.

*Please note, that this is another computer.  I tried it on 2.  I thought maybe it might be the computer...

Valerie Ibarra

[personal info removed by moderator]

The best way to make your

dreams come true is to wake up!

(Hardwork)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall 11, and Use the link provided to download and install FP 7, Install QB and THEN update to 11

FWIW, I installed FP 11 and THEN QB 2009 on my brother's office system three months ago with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway you can take over my screen and help me.  I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong, because I got the same error again. )':

Valerie Ibarra

Alcance Victoria Santa Ana

[personal info removed by moderator]

The best way to make your

dreams come true is to wake up!

(Hardwork)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  thanks for trying to help me..

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried calling QB support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a negative person, that only  tried one thing...

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum; please don't post your telephone numbers in every reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This generally comes up in the context of running an old version of Quickbooks on Windows 8 or higher.

In this instance, Quickbooks is making some assumptions about how Windows works that no longer hold true.  Because Flash Player is a built-in component of Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 8 and higher, things work a little differently, and that has an impact on backwards compatibility.

You'll need to either run an older Windows version (Win7), or you'll need to get a fix or a current version of QuickBooks from Intuit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, given the age of this thread, I'm going to lock it so that the original posters from 2013 stop getting email updates about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines