• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP CC 2018 Behaving strangely? OR, did I miss something with the last update.

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP CC 2018

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: GL553VD

BIOS: GL553VD.30

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16268MB RAM

So I am starting a new project.  I have my proxies.  All was well until I started trying to actually edit.

I put two clips in the timeline and I find I cannot do much of anything.  I cannot navigate between say, Editing, or Assembly, or effects.  I click on those menus and cannot open them.

I can navigate the main menues.  Eg File Editing and such. 

Is there so new way of navigating that is full of coolness that I missed?

OR

My machine.  Which I doubt.  But could be.

I have logged out 2 or three times.  I have restarted.  Still have difficulties

My system is up to date.  PP CC 2018 is all up to date. 

Hmmm

?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Hey Jim!

Thanks so much!  It must have been my machine.  I kinda felt it was.  I have put together a few reels now and most of the time PP CC works just great.  Must have been my machine.  I wish I could say what I did other than just log, reboot, reload, and well all worked well from there.

The main thing I was worried about was some big change in an update.  That was not the case.

That guide you pointed me to will come in handy!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens when you try to switch workspaces?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program mainly freezes.  I have to log out.  That said.  I  CAN get to the main menu and call up items within that.  I simply cannot navigate between workspaces. 

Is there some new way of navigating between workspaces?  If not then it is a problem on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not normal.  Couple things I can suggest.  Take a look at Steps 3D and 4D below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jim!

Thanks so much!  It must have been my machine.  I kinda felt it was.  I have put together a few reels now and most of the time PP CC works just great.  Must have been my machine.  I wish I could say what I did other than just log, reboot, reload, and well all worked well from there.

The main thing I was worried about was some big change in an update.  That was not the case.

That guide you pointed me to will come in handy!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines