Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows 10 tablet mode problem

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have been using lightroom for years now without any problems.

Recently I bought my first laptop with touchscreen and a turnable screen to use it as tablet.

No when using lightroom in tablet mode, no problem in Library mode.

When switching to develop tab (in tablet mode) it appears empty, no photo on screen.

How can I fix this, because when I switch back to normal desktop mode no problems.

Thanks in common guys!

Cheers, Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first troubleshooting step, try turning off the GPU by unchecking Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply!

That isn't working

Update though, when I already am in tablet mode and then start lightroom there are no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to report a bug in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs reported: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought my first 2 in 1 and am having the exact same issue.  Loaded up Creative Cloud and went to work on my first image and same thing.  Works fine in regular mode, but if I transform to tablet I lose my image and when I go back to desktop mode I get the image, but the thumbnail strip never reappears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work when getting your laptop in tablet mode first, and then opening lightroom.

That will work... But it isn't great for the workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, good to know.  Just out of curiosity, which laptop did you purchase?  I haven't seen this issue blaring all over the internet which makes me wonder if it is a brand thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is a brand thing.  It just started happening to me as well... and it worked fine until the last upgrade I just installed.  Looks like they broke something.  (I'm using a ThinkPad X1 Yoga).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a yoga 920

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP X360 2018 15inch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ry-man, I just bought a brand new 2-in-1and I am experiencing the same issue. the only difference is that in tablet mode none of the adobe apps would even open. No issues when the computer is in laptop mode. And it is a Dell XPS is 9575. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my voice here as well as elsewhere to say 'me too'

Same problem as above. Different machine but same LR Classic 7.3.1 (funny that,,,what does that suggest by way of where the fixing lies???)

This is expensive professional software and very very cheap customer support

Adobe, get your act together and fix it and don't put paying customers through the time wasting of forum discussions to try and do it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue.  Running on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just letting people know I have the same problem. I have an Asus Flip 370, using Windows 10 from the beginning. The tablet mode did work about two months ago but suddenly it stopped working. When going to develop it gets a blank field. Hope the problem can be fixed soon as I really miss this handy tablet mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, using HP x360 - Tablet mode missing after update.

No work around - not even by launching LR Classic when in tablet mode!

Please provide links to download older version and provide one month free access to the software as we have lost functionality due to Adobe error / negligence.

I only use table mode for my editing as i get the most amount of screen space.

Adobe's changes to IOS iPAD app meant I could only use the microsoft version but now Adobe's changes have made this unusable.

TO anyone who doesn't like my reliance on tablet mode - its the only way I can use this software as I am more focused on the visual art than learning to communicate to a machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 since about a year.

I've just "updated" from Lightroom 5 and bought a Lightroom yealy plan JUST to get Lightroom CC classic with tablet mode support.

Now I got the same problem described. I can't open the tablet mode.

"

No work around - not even by launching LR Classic when in tablet mode!

" -> Same problem here.

Even worse: the tablet mode destroys the thumb view. I need to delete the lightroom settings profile in C:\Users\AppData\Local\Adobe\...

I'm feeling fooled and want my money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on a Dell XPS running Windows 10.

Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I've tried starting in tablet mode, rebooting, starting lightroom in both tablet mode and regular mode, so far nothing works to activate tablet mode in the develop module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines