• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion & IE 8

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a developer, excuse my ignorance, but I know that our application will experience problems when IE 8 is released. Does anyone know if a Cold Fusion update will fix this problem or if CF9 will and if so, when it will be released?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: 3849843
I'm not a developer, excuse my ignorance, but I know that our application will experience problems when IE 8 is released. Does anyone know if a Cold Fusion update will fix this problem or if CF9 will and if so, when it will be released?

Without knowing what problems you know your application will experience on IE 8, there is no way for anyone here to determine whether it's a ColdFusion issue that needs fixing or if it's the way your application was written, which means your application would need fixing.

What problems do you know your application will experience on IE 8? I know you're not a developer, but be as specific as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that the application will actually work itself but users won't be able to get it to work because labels and fields and links will not appear properly for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the way your application is written, not an issue with ColdFusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your application publically accessible? If you give me a link, I'll check it out for you and give you a better idea of what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have authorization for public access, but Dale Fraser, on his Blog ( http://dale.fraser.id.au/2008/03/ie8-breaks-coldfusion.html) wrote...

"IE8 will not render a whole lot of sites very well. Including Blogger. I couldn't post this from IE8.

And all the CF8 Ajax / DHTML features are broken. Even in IE7 emulation mode the grids will not render correctly."

This is true for us, so I'm wondering if this will be addressed in an update or new release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you quoting that blog mean that you use ColdFusion's AJAX/DHTML tags in your application?

IE8 breaks all kinds of stuff. You are not alone. Knowing more about _what_ you are doing that will be broken, like I said before, will help us determine whether it's your application, and not likely to be fixed by Adobe in any update, or ColdFusion, and might possibly be fixed by Adobe in an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you very much for your patience, yes its all Ajax/DHTML stuff that I'm talking about. Everything that's not working has to do with how Cold Fusion presently works in IE8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation