• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

7.3.1 does not open windows 10 (background process)

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC app installed 7.3.1 and now Lr CC classic does not open on Windows 10. 

Not firewall related.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling via CC app.

Updated Windows.

Trashed preferences.

Have tried to roll back to 7.3.

App is doing something as I can see it in the Task Manager Details tab and it is sitting in the 'Background process' list just can't do anything with it.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this and now Lr opens. Which is good, but I can't open my main catalog, which is frustrating.

Fortunately have backup.

Lightroom opening in background - Win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to import from a very old backup and have re-catalogged about 2,000 images. I have no idea what went wrong, but this is a frustrating bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From memory- The "Task Manager" syndrome was often accompanied by a "Locked" catalog- the cause being a catalog that was not closed correctly.

Do you know where your "Main" catalog was located? (In your 'Pictures' folder perhaps?)

Find the "Main" catalog   xxxxx.LRCAT,

If there is a file that ends with the file-type suffix of  .LOCK, then To "Un-Lock" the catalog: Delete that single file, and ONLY the file xxxxxx.LOCK

Now try to open your "Main" catalog by double-clicking on the  xxxxx.LRCAT file.

If it opens you are 'back in business' with that catalog.

It sounds as though you have recovered from a Backup catalog and continued to use this.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines