Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset all settings but still different colors

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Can anybody tell me why after using a preset on a picture and afterwards resetting all settings manually towards the orginial picture colors still are not the same?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely the preset applied something you didn't expect and can’t easily see, and so you didn’t reset that. A graduated filter, for example. Or another camera profile. Or split toning. Did you try pressing the ‘Reset’ button? That should also reset those ‘hidden’ adjustments.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering

Im trying to reset everything but its still not the same blue sky as in the original picture. I can't figure out which setting is causing this. The histogram is not the same either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it applying a different profile? (Click back in History to get to the original.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or also right-click develop/reset to reset settings. If this gives you your original blue sky, you're good to go, but it doesn't tell you what was the snag. Maybe others know of a utility to show setting differences.  An easily overlooked culprit could be HSL/Color settings or else calibration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

milim31983363  wrote

Thanks for answering

Im trying to reset everything but its still not the same blue sky as in the original picture. I can't figure out which setting is causing this. The histogram is not the same either

So what is the original picture exactly? Any chance that you imported the image with ’Embedded & sidecar’ set for the previews? In that case you are looking at camera-generated previews initially. When you apply a preset (and reset it again) you force Lightroom to generate a preview of its own. That will look different.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the first picture is the original one. At the second one you see the sky having a different color but all settings are reset.

The same profile is applied. And I have not imported the image with "Embedded & Sidecar"

Thanks

Skærmbillede 2018-04-29 kl. 13.10.18.pngSkærmbillede 2018-04-29 kl. 13.10.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted in the wrong forum. This isn't Lightroom Classic, this is Lightroom CC, so many comments/suggestions you got were irrelevant.

The screenshot only shows part of the possibilities. It's still possible that there are some edits left elsewhere.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two possible reasons for this. First is that the top image actually shows the preview jpeg from the raw file and only after resetting the image did it create a jpeg preview based on the Lightroom rendering. Realize that the Adobe Color profile will NOT look the same as the in-camera jpeg. For that you need to use the Camera Standard profile. So try using the camera standard profile (it will be hidden in the camera matching section if you hit browse in the profile browser)

Second is that this might be a color management issue. The (probably camera-created) preview in the first image might be in sRGB and the preview after resetting might be in a larger color space giving a more accurate display of the blue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never use Lightroom CC to import images directly, but I doubt this explanation. I don't think that Lightroom CC will use camera-generated previews.

I did a quick test myself. Imported an image, applied a preset that really changes the image, held down the the Option/Alt-key so all the edits blocks are now 'Reset <edit block>' and clicked them one by one to reset everything. I do not see any difference between the before and after versions, so I still think the OP simply did not reset everything.

BTW; this may not mean anything, but I did notice that in the first screenshot the Tone Curve is activated and the blue channel is selected. In the second screenshot the Tone Curve is turned off.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines