• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have stand alone ADOBE software originals over 20 yrs ago, CDs. How to transfer licenses before or after resold?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stand alone ADOBE software originals over 20 yrs ago, CDs. How to transfer licenses before or after resold? ADVISE!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Adobe has a process for transferring software licenses, but there are very few machines still in use that would be able to run 20-year-old software, so you would have a very small market for this.

Transfer an Adobe product license

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a process for transferring software licenses, but there are very few machines still in use that would be able to run 20-year-old software, so you would have a very small market for this.

Transfer an Adobe product license

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very unlikely that anybody would have interest in 20 year old software disks.  Finding an old computer with an optical reader and supporting OS would be almost impossible in 2018. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think something that is 20 years old is going to install anyway, no matter the computer or operating system

CS2 + Acrobat 7 + Audition 3 (AND EARLIER) Activation Server is gone, so read below

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

You MUST use the special version and serial number on the page, not your original disc or serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20 years ago predates Creative Suite altogether! We are talking Photoshop version 4 or 5, and Illustrator 7. These ran on Windows 98 or maybe,what, Mac OS 8? There were no Adobe licensing servers then, only software activation keys. The keys provided with the disks should activate the software... if you have a real old system on which to install it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At home Im still rocking a blue G4 running system 9.7.1. Photoshop 6, Illustrator 9, After effects 5 or 6 I cant remember, but it's the "pro bundle" Lightwave, etc. I hold on to it because i could never afford to replace all that software on my own, much less a new machine to run them on. Performance is still top notch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines