• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gold certificate seal?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have barely amy ps experience. We have pse 12 at the office.   I need to create a gold certificate seal with our company name and logo on it ASAP. Can anyone please provide some direction on the quickest way to achieve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018
  1. Google Gold Seal photos and you will get several hits for royalty free gold seal images.
  2. Select one that is appropriate for your purpose, save it, and then open it in PSE
  3. Activate the type tool to type the company name
  4. Copy/paste the logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Google Gold Seal photos and you will get several hits for royalty free gold seal images.
  2. Select one that is appropriate for your purpose, save it, and then open it in PSE
  3. Activate the type tool to type the company name
  4. Copy/paste the logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I get the name and logo embossed into the seal? So it's all the same color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aislinm53205080  wrote

How would I get the name and logo embossed into the seal? So it's all the same color

The type tool uses the color of the foreground chip, so you would have to set up the color picker accordingly.

As for the logo, that may be more challenging. If you are so inclined, post the logo here on the forum page and I will have a look at it and try to provide directions.

Are you at all familiar with the software, i.e. what can be done with the tools?

Which version of PSE do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pse 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post the seal here via the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the reply box here on the forum page. However, you can not do it in an e-mail reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that I can upload the company logo without permission. The

trouble I have been coming across is I have only found tutorials for gold

coins, which is fine, but also they are in just ps not pse 12. So we have

different features. So there ends up being too much I can't do to follow

the tutorial correctly. And searching for certificate seal images I find

royalty Free ones but you have to pay for them and that's not something I

can do either. Blargh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your input! With all that info iwas able to put the

seal together. Your the bomb! I was able to use the overlay for.the text

and image, as that was on a clear background.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018, 9:51 AM Shemakescoolstuff, <addie.murphy1@gmail.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many online tutorials on how to create a gold seal. Google for "gold seal photoshop elements" or similar.

Or as Hatstead suggested you can Google to find a gold seal image to download, as I have done in the following example.

Add the logo as a separate layer. Add a Color Fill adjustment layer above the logo layer and select a gold color. Group the 2 layers.

sshot-1.jpg

If you want to preserve the various colors of the logo but in shades of gold, change the Fill Layer's Opacity to Color.

If the result is too lark or tool light you can adjust it with a Levels adjustment.

sshot-2.jpg

For the text, simply use the Text Tool with a gold color.

However, it might be more interesting to have the text embossed or recessed. I don't know if PSE12 has this capability built into the Text tool. My PSE2 doesn't so I use this method:

Add a Low Inner Shadow layer style to the text layer.

Click the "f" icon in the text layer to bring up the Style Settings menu, and play around with the settings to get the embossed or recessed look.  Note that your Style Settings might look different than my version.

Here is embossed:

sshot-3.jpg

And here is recessed.

Checking/unchecking the Use Global Light box will switch from embossed to recessed as I have done.

sshot-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines