• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom – Real support for Apple Live Photos (Highly demanded Feature Request)

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

since more than three years now, there is this great photo feature called "Live Photos" on Apple's mobile devices. But there is still no real support for Live Photos in Lightroom since then. That's a little bit weird because Lightroom claims to support nearly all common camera models with frequent camera updates still lacks support of Live Photos.

The problem is, it's not enough to just import the still image and the corresponding movie file so that in the end there two separated files which I never can't export back to the Apple photos app as an original Live Photo. The only solution is to support Live Photos in the same way they are working on an iOS device like iPhone or iPad.

What is the reason for the lack of support? Is it a legal problem. Are there unacceptable restrictions or  from Apple? What else? Because I really would like to go back fully to Adobe Lightroom but can't right now as I'm using Live Photo very often. You'll love it too especially when you have kids or a lot of action shots.

I asked google, the adobe support hotline, the german forum but no one was close enough to the Lightroom developer team to give a qualified answer. And if the answer is that not enough professionals are interested in this feature, I don't care as long as somebody qualified could give me a final explanation why it's not supported or if there will be a 1 percent chance it ever will be. And with qualified I mean somebody working at the Adobe Lightroom team.

Please excuse my english but I'm no native english speaker and this topic is a very emotional one because I really love Lightroom but it almost got useless for me because of the lack of real support for Apple Live Photos. And as long as I want to work with an all-in-one solution – to not double my amount of work – I have to stick with the very unprofessional Apple Photos app. : (

So, please Adobe, c'mon! Reach out to your (paying) supporters! Make an official statement! Pleeeeeease!!!

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not speaking to Adobe in this forum, we are other LR users, we can't make any official statement or add features.

Please make your suggestion in the place it will do the most good, and in a place where Adobe developers participate and read.

2018-04-30 06_36_18-Start.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really funny because the link in your screenshot was exactly the link I was hitting which brought me to this forum. How come?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no, you are mistaken, it does not take you to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click this link I get to "Community powered support for Photoshop Family" aka Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community  … I can't see the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit confused, this forum here is an official adobe forum, you see the logo on top of the screen and the URL?? The other one led me in the end to a "Photoshop family" site which doesn't really sound official. I also can't login there with my Adobe ID. So you're seriously telling me that this offical-logo-forum is not the real one but the other no-official-or-adobe-related-logo-forum one is???

If so, this would be usability at its worst …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mr.+Plum+Bum  wrote

When I click this link I get to "Community powered support for Photoshop Family" aka Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community  … I can't see the difference.

Surely you can see that the URL is different than this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right but as I said in my last post this is very confusing. As you see, it tells me, it's a community forum.

But I have to step back. It looks like I can login with my Adobe ID. But it's still confusing as it tells me "Photoshop Family Login" what clearly doesn't sound familiar to me. Veeerry confusing.

Just to clarify this: You're telling me, this forum here with the official logo is only community driven and the other one with no official logo and the branding "Customer Community" is the one to get in contact with the official Lightroom developers?

C'mon, you have to agree, that's weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your point? As I said, we are just users here in this forum, we are not Adobe, we did not design the forums, we cannot change the design of the forums. We are here to provide other LR users technical support, and none of your posts fall in the category of technical support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I love comments like this in forums. They are everything else than helpful, just trying to lecture somebody.

As this forum is hosted by Adobe and there are still some legal regulations I surely could expect that some Adobe officials are reading this posts. So my question or feature request – call it what you want – is directed to one of them.

I'm a long time paying Adobe customer and when I read Adobe forum on top with an original Adobe URL in the omni bar I surely can expect that somebody from Adobe is reachable here.

And big green bar guy, please feel free to stay away from this conversation if you have nothing to contribute to the main topic "Live Photos". Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I absolutely agree that this lack of support for most common camera on many websites (e.g. Flickr) is astounding. It is only in the last LR Classic update that they fixed the import from iphone issue where you'd get grey thumbnails without images if you had more than a hundred images on your iphone. It took them at least 5 years to fix!!!

Lets hope in another 10-15 years they will finally condescend to support the live photos fully (and fully means fully, with the looped and bounce effects, etc)

Keep on paying those subscriptions, guys, Adobe likes it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines