Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders missing following transition from a Mac to a PC

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Very strange situation that I cant seem to sort.

I have moved my lightroom library from external drives onto another system with the same file structure.

All of my photos from 2015-2018 are fine. 2014 have all gone missing. The folder structure in lightroom is missing.

The photos are still in collections and show up.

It gives me the option to manually relink each photo but cant find the neighbouring photos.

Capture.PNG

I cant seem to work out why its done it. It may not have happened as part of the move as I cant recall looking at them recently.

It seems strange all of the other folders are fine.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Repeating

If the photos appear in the Lightroom Library module, then you can right-click on them and select Go to Folder in Library to see the folder they are stored in. From there, reconnecting should be easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any ? icons on your folders, the screen capture you show does not indicate any "missing folder" problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem. The photos are still all in the library tab. I can manually relink all 9000 but it doesn’t auto find them. For some reason the folder isn’t showing up on the left hand side on the bit I screenshoted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the photos appear in the Lightroom Library module, then you can right-click on them and select Go to Folder in Library to see the folder they are stored in. From there, reconnecting should be easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are  a hero!!!!

Worked instantly!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows only 52 photos for the entire year 2014, while in the next year you have 9516 photos. Did you really shoot so few photos that first year? If not, perhaps some 2014 subfolders are misplaced. Check the other year parent folders.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

No i took about 9k in 2014. All the photos are in the correct directory in the lightroom folder in windows explorer they just aren’t showing up down the side

they still all show up in the library but are all missing. I can manually relink them idivida but it doesnt auto find

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill have a go at that when I get home from work. I was just after some other ideas of that didn’t work. Are you confident that will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

Repeating

The way I understand it now, that is not the problem. The problem is that the OP can only relink one photo at a time. The ‘Find Nearby’ option apparently doesn’t work, so he would have to manually relink 9000 photos one by one...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohanEl54  wrote

dj_paige   wrote

Repeating

The way I understand it now, that is not the problem. The problem is that the OP can only relink one photo at a time. The ‘Find Nearby’ option apparently doesn’t work, so he would have to manually relink 9000 photos one by one...

This may be correct, but some people have complained over the years that the "Find Nearby Photos" doesn't work. Anyway, if the user can find what folder the photos are actually stored in, you can simply drag the folder (in Lightroom) under 2014, and now everything should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Gareth+Thomas+Jones+122  wrote

Hi.

No i took about 9k in 2014. All the photos are in the correct directory in the lightroom folder in windows explorer they just aren’t showing up down the side

they still all show up in the library but are all missing. I can manually relink them idivida but it doesnt auto find

They have to be in some Lightroom folder right now, and your screenshot shows they are not in the 2014 parent folder according to Lightroom. So first you should find out where Lightroom thinks they are. That may give you the chance to relink by folder rather than by image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines