• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor tags (aka "bookmarks") break in RH 7 HTML

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use several anchor tags, aka bookmarks, to sections of our Robohelp pages.
These URLs look like this:
http://www.exampledomain.com/Help/index.htm#Frequently_Asked_Questions.htm#Question_two

These links worked great in Robohelp 5: Question two of the FAQ page loaded at the top, inside the robohelp shell.
Now in Robohelp 7, these anchor tags no longer work inside of the shell - the page loads at the top of the FAQ page and the #Qustion_two anchor is disregarded.

I know that the anchor tag is there and working because when I load the page without the robohelp shell at this URL:
http://www.exampledomain.com/Help/Frequently_Asked_Questions.htm#Question_two
Question two loads at the top of the page.

Why did this stop working?!!? How do I fix it without changing all my URLs? This "feature" is ruining my day. Bad enough that you rename anchor tags to bookmarks, now they don't even work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009
RoboHurt

I just tested this in RH8 and it is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboHurt and welcome to the RH community.

I'm failing to understand what you want to achieve. The whole point of an anchor is to start the display of a page at a specific point. By supplying two anchors you are confusing your browser (as well as me) causing it to display at the top.

BTW I've tries this in RHX5 and I get the same behaviour so am unsure how you got it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,
Thank you for the welcome and the response.

All I'm trying to find out is the URL to load the Frequently_Asked_Questions.htm page directly at the #Question_two anchor inside of the index.htm FlashHelp shell.

In Robohelp x5, this used to be index.htm#Frequently_Asked_Questions.htm#Question_two

With Robohelp 7, this url stopped working.

I can load the FAQ page inside of the shell with index.htm#Frequently_Asked_Questions.htm

I can load the FAQ page to the Question_two ancor without the index.htm shell with Frequently_Asked_Questions.htm#Question_two

But I can't figure out any link that loads the Question_two anchor at the top of the FAQ page inside of the index.htm shell. In Robohelp 7, index.htm#Frequently_Asked_Questions.htm#Question_two just loads the FAQ page at the top.

Thanks for your help,
RoboHurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you linking from, another topic in the project? If so, why even bother with index.htm? Try stripping that from one of the links and see what you get.

If it's a call from your app, see Peter Grainge's website for more info.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a link from a web application to its help system. The links were set up to go directly to the relevant section of the relevant page in the help system. The links used to work great, that's why this problem is so frustrating.

I could change the links and remove index.htm# from the URLs, but then I wouldn't get the fancy left-navigation and top-search bar. It would also require redeploying the webapp.

Unless there is an easier fix, I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Could any RH8 users check whether URLs to index.htm with the two anchors, one to the specific page, one to the anchor on that page, work in that version?

Thanks all,
RoboHurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHurt

I just tested this in RH8 and it is working fine.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks a lot for checking Peter. I'll look into upgrading to RH8.
Kind regards,
RoboHurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp