• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC hangs on import, Win10, spinning blue wheel forever.

Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom CC has started hanging on import.  It seems to work fine for other things but as soon as I click import in the Library pane I just get the windows 10 spinning blue wheel forever after until I kill LR.  This pretty much makes LR dead in the water for me.

Creative Cloud thinks everything is up to date.

Win 10, 64 bit, Creators Update, fully updated.

Lightroom CC 2015.10.1

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

After checking windows update I saw there was an update pending and had to re-boot.  After this it works again.  Probably wasn't related but who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After checking windows update I saw there was an update pending and had to re-boot.  After this it works again.  Probably wasn't related but who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems with import.  LR CC appears to be making copies of files even though boxes in import setup not checked.

Am having so much trouble with LR CC I would like to go back to previous version!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought, like a few days ago, Lightroom for the first time and get the same problem; it locks up when I try to import. Looking through these forums and googling the issue I discover that it's been a problem for years, and evidently Adobe has done NOTHING to fix it, other than throw users among all the other frustrated users in these forums, which doesn't solve my problem. And I need to use this NOW, and I shouldn't need a PhD in technology to get a program I bought A FEW DAYS AGO to work.

Hello, Adobe. Does anyone work there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so mad I updated....I had NO problem before that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with import . I am not able to import  anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that the new Lightroom Classic often leaves Temporary Import Data.db and Temporary Import Data.db.wal files behind in the same folder as the catalog. If and when you get the application to actually close down - I have to wait a few minutes - then you can delete them and restart Lightroom Classic to use Import again.

But it keeps happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5.7 and just downloaded Lightroom classis cc as a free trial.  The new version hangs up after just a few operations, ie., looking at 3 photos in library and then trying 2 small develop edits on one of them.  I have a fast processor with 12 GB of RAM and plenty of disc space. I'm running Windows 10 which is up to date.  I used Lightroom cleaner to remove the download and reinstalled it.  Still the same problem. Adobe better fix this fast.  I'm just glad I didn't go ahead and buy it before trying. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe, is anyone there? We just get moved to these Forums and the problem is NEVER SOLVED!!! AND WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS FACELESS SO-CALLED SERVICE! For many of us this is a professional tool and if it doesn't work nor can we. My problem is that the bloody thing crashes whenever I try to import anything. I can edit stuff that has been imported already but the import function either sticks or crashes. VERY frustrating and nobody anywhere has offered a solution that works. Yes, everything is updated. Yes, the iMac is otherwise fine, so no stupid questions please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I have been trying to get it resolved for close to 3 weeks and ready to cancel my subscription and look for another option.  I can't seem to get a clear answer on how to correct the problem and am very, very angry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I finally got through to Adobe support, I was told that there is a fix coming - but how long it is going to be is unknown - and that in the meantime I should uninstall the current version and reinstall the old one.

But my catalog has been upgraded so would be incompatible with the old version of Lightroom, so I would also have to create a new catalog and then import the upgraded catalog.

I decided this would be worse than putting up with the problem for now, but I am getting frustrated with hos long it is taking them to release a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a message about the latest update for Lightroom Classic - this might fix the problem. I've just downloaded the update, fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Just did a check for updates and lo! There is one. Eagerly updating now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No mention in the release notes of this issue, however. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's just hung again. No fix in this update.

COME ON ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I had a chat with support again who were surprised that I was still having problems as they thought the issue was fixed in the latest update (7.1).

At their request I enabled "Use Graphics Processor" in Edit > Preferences > Performance.

I have not encountered the issue since, and I've tested quite thoroughly - I had discovered that making use of the Edit module between an Import and another attempted Import seemed to trigger it.

Look like, unexpectedly, the GPU acceleration option has solved the problem. I can only assume that the import module tries to initialise the processing module which is accelerated by the GPU, but for some reason this hangs when not accelerated. Still looks like a bug but not one that appears to affect me now. If you're seeing the issue and you have the "Use Graphics Processor" option unchecked, you may find enabling it helps.

I seem to remember there were problems with this option and my humdrum Intel laptop video chipset but I've not seen any problem this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the 'fixes' above have worked for me ... any other suggestions? I am on the verge of unsubscribing from Adobe as I cannot import or edit any of my photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Based on what I'm reading here, and the issues I'm having, I think I will unsubscribe and refit to other products. And seek a refund. I've been waiting with an open chat window for about 45 min. I have work to do. This is not working. Adobe I'm very disapointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having the Exact same problem as the thread title?

If not please start your own thread and give as much details about your problem as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was ONLY having issues with my photos not importing all the sudden. That was it. I however waited for some person in this chat window to see if they could help me. Not only did they not fix the spinning blue wheel, they went right ahead and rearranged my ENTIRE screen, settings and somehow managed to remove the small lines that allow me to minimize my windows as if it were their computer!!! It looks like a completely different laptop! They had no idea what they were doing, and when I went to ask basic questions, they minimized the chat window. I thought the permission was ONLY for fixing glitches, not rearranging my personal space! This frustrates me so badly I feel like telling every one I know how terrible this product Is! It WAS working so well. Tech's should NEVER move icons or photos! Ever! It's like going into some one's house and changing thier stuff with out permission! Now I have to go restore all my settings after work tomorrow! I sat there watching, waiting, trusting this person for at least an hour! I don't know whether to uninstall and reins tall or just uninstall demand a refund and go back to the free stuff! There's one other place I'm going check and wait for an answer from, if they can't help. I will sign off from this product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Mine has just started doing it again. Utterly hopeless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop has been stuck with this bug for months, I can take photos in via another route put them on the hard drive and then import them into Lightroom with no problem but the moment I use a card reader or memory stick to import them directly into Lightroom the whole thing locks up whichever USB port I use. I have reloaded the programmes but that made no difference and I am using the latest version of Lightroom Classic. The irony is that this does not happen on my desktop which I suppose I should be thankful for. But looking at this Forum it is a problem that has been going on for months surely it is time Adobe did something about it as we are paying for a product that we cannot use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK even after the latest update I *still* have this bloody annoying issue. I have managed to capture a screenshot of the taskbar icons which shows the additional invisible windows "Shadow" which shows up when Lightroom hangs.

Maybe someone at Adobe can make use of this information.

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah .. I see your problem.

You are thinking that having purchased from Adobe, and invested in their product you expect them to support it.

No ,, Adobe will just push you to self help ..... Go Away we don't care about you.

Welcome to wonderful world of Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines