• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 manual

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the lightroom 6.0/6.14 manual different then the manual for lightroom classic cc ?  Where can I get the manual for lightroom 6.0/6.14 ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Classic 7 User Guide includes a number of changes made to LR since LR CC 2015.14 / 6.14.  If you literally mean LR 6 (the perpetually licensed version) and not LR CC 2015 (the monthly subscription version), then the LR 7 User Guide will include all the new features introduced since LR CC 2015.0 / 6.0 was released many years ago. (LR 6 didn't receive the new features that were added incrementally to LR CC 2015, just bug fixes and new camera support.)

Adobe's help site for LR is a mess, and its search function is useless. The best I could find was a PDF for LR CC 2015.6 / 6.6 from 7/26/2016: https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/lightroom_reference.pdf. Adobe stopped producing PDF versions of its user guides after then and has only resumed recently for some of their apps (but not yet LR).   There may be a Web version of the LR CC 2015.14 / 6.14 user guide, but I couldn't find it after many minutes of searching with Adobe's search and Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response, John.  I had found the same manual you found and I've downloaded that.  I also had the same results searching with Adobe and Google.  I guess I'll keep searching, buy a book, go through the manual I downloaded and see what applies and continue to use this forum.  Again, thanks for the response.  BTW, I do have Lightroom 6.14, desktop with perpetual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!   and johnrellis​ ... do you find it interesting perhaps amuzing that one can pull a PDF of a forum topic but not a paid for product "user guide"? ...from the owners of the PDF machine *A*?   best to you both! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Amusing" isn't the word I would choose.  Adobe supposedly has reconsidered and indicated they will be providing PDF versions of the manual at some point.  Please add your opinion to this problem report: Lightroom Classic: PDF for User Guide? | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too and Follow, which will make it a little more likely that Adobe might prioritize this and will notify you when the status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hitting F1 in Lightroom for help and then doing a search in the search box USED to actually bring up useful info but it is practically worthless now.   Adobe really needs to do some work in this area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines