• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop Settings - Auto Settings doesn't work for selected photos

New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have few hundred photos selected and I apply right click - Develop Settings - Auto Settings.

I works as it is supposed to work only for a few first photos, and the rest of selected photos get strange settings, and button "Auto" in Basic panel is active for those photos (meaning Auto Settings is not applied).

So now I have to select 5-7 photos, apply Auto settings, and than do that couple of hundred times.

I cleared Cache and nothing changed.

I use latest Classic CC version (it was working fine before update to newest).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some long-standing issues with applying Auto to large batches of photos, and you may be experiencing two or three of them:

- LR won't update most of the thumbnails in Library view. You can force it to update the thumbnails by selecting them and doing Previews > Build Standard-Size Previews. 

- When applied to multiple photos, for performance reasons, Auto uses lower-resolution versions of the photos in the Camera Raw cache rather than the full-resolution photos to calculate the auto settings. This can result in (usually) small discrepancies in the settings between batch application of Auto and applying Auto in Develop, and these small discrepancies will cause the Basic panel's Auto button to be active.  See Auto Tone of a batch of photos gives different results than if you do them one at a time | Photoshop...

- After applying Auto to a batch of photos, subsequent batch changes to the photos' develop settings can get lost: Lightroom: Applying Auto Tone to a batch of photos loses subsequent develop settings | Photoshop Fam...

If these don't explain what you're seeing, then please do a batch application of Auto, select one of the photos with screwy settings, and then post screenshots of the Basic settings before and after your click Auto in the Basic panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines