• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Box files with Acrobat on iPad Pro

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought an iPad Pro and am finding that pdf files I have stored in Box open in Box’s native reader rather than adobe reader.  I want to be able to edit them (highlight, mark-up etc). Ideally I want to use ProDC but I don’t think that is an iPad app(?).  Just opening in reader would be an improvement.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grega,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you need to open the Box file in Acrobat Reader, you need to first save the file to local.

Take help of the steps mentioned in this forum thread iPad Dropbox download for offline viewing with the similar query.

You can also refer the steps mentioned in this help link Opening PDF Files in Reader for iOS (iPhone and iPad)

Once the files saved in Local, you can open and edit the file in the Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't run Mac or Windows apps on iPad. The world of iPad is very different, and very limited. Similarly, you can't change the default app that opens a type of file. However, what some apps allow you to do (for example, Safari) is open a PDF _then_ send it to another app, and that's how you get a copy of the file into Reader. It's clunky, but then again the iPad is really just a big phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grega,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you need to open the Box file in Acrobat Reader, you need to first save the file to local.

Take help of the steps mentioned in this forum thread iPad Dropbox download for offline viewing with the similar query.

You can also refer the steps mentioned in this help link Opening PDF Files in Reader for iOS (iPhone and iPad)

Once the files saved in Local, you can open and edit the file in the Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem getting a pdf in Box to open in Acrobat. a.) the links in this help wiki are broken and b.). Feom the step info I could glean from the wiki, it still won't work.

Quite frustrating for such a simple task (pdf's will open in Acrobat.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Richard30029825k3tn,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with opening PDFs.

Since the behaviour of opening files is handled by the iOS system directly, you can follow the below steps and try:

1. Download the app from the App Store, then open the app and follow the onscreen instructions.

2. Open Files, then tap Browse at the bottom of the screen.

3. Tap More Locations (below Locations), then turn on the service.

4. To view your contents, tap Browse at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the storage service below Locations. If you don’t see Locations, tap Browse again at the bottom of the screen.

5. Once you see the file, open it-> then tap on the export icon-> Import to Acrobat-> Import to Acrobat and the file should open in Acrobat.

Hope this helps.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Souvik,

This option is only a partial solution. I made changes to the pdf file using the iPad Acrobat application using the method you described.

Now, when I'm back at my laptop using Acrobat, I open the same pdf file from Box but the document is empty save for a comment I embedded in the file from the iPad Acrobat application.

Do you have a better option than this for me to read and edit my pdf files seamlessly between platforms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Richard30029825k3tn,

To test, can you check if the comments appear in the box app on your iPad? If yes, this could be a syncing issue with your desktop and the BOX client. 

If not, please share a screen recording with me, and I will escalate it further.

Best!

Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines