• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paths button missing from option bar

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find anything anywhere online about this. I was previously using CS6 but I am now on a new Macbook Pro using PS CC.

I don't see the paths button, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's missing or how to get it to show up. Help??

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.58.59 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

If you want to make a path from your selection go to the paths panel and click on this icon :

Or are you thinking of the option you get when you use the ellipse shape tool ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by the path button?

Your screenshot shows a selection made by the elliptical marquee tool. It's not a path....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With path button , he means the button in the menu. Layers channels path. Mine is gone also . And it pretty anoying that people here react like they dont know what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

odiug79  wrote

With path button , he means the button in the menu. Layers channels path. Mine is gone also . And it pretty anoying that people here react like they dont know what it is.

Hi

Can you provide a screenshot showing which menu you say has a missing item. Your description is unclear.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

combine paths PS 2016.pngcombine path button-.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys!

Just click on Windows on the tab bar, then choose Path, it will eventually appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Can you please explain your problem better?

By the way, have you tried by selecting The Paths panel (Window > Paths)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to make a path from your selection go to the paths panel and click on this icon :

Or are you thinking of the option you get when you use the ellipse shape tool ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now using Photoshop 2018 and I am creating a vector mask with the Ellipse Tool. I don't see the Path option from the Options bar and I do not see the Combine Shapes option either. Are these options removed from or hidden in Photoshop 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that makes a lot of sense to me is to sort out, and save, a more useful workspace when you first start using a new install of Photoshop.  You need to look at the default workspace with a tiny touch of cynicism — the Library panel is right there in your face, because Adobe are pushing Adobe Stock like crazy as an additional revenue stream.  Start with the workspace most appropriate for you.  Maybe the Photography workspace for instance. Have your major panels open on the right, and grow the auto expanding icons along side the major panels. One click opens the thumbnails, and another click collapses them.

I cobbled this workspace below by way of demonstration (I use three screens so don't normally work this way).  In the case of your question, you'd have had the Make work path from selection icon right there ready to use.

Save your new workspace. You can now drag out a panel to make it more convenient, and Reset your work space to get back to default.  The Essentials workspace is hard wired, and the go to method of making sure you seeing everything in as standard.

One more thing that I advise, (but you might like to do it differently) is to have these options unchecked.  It is annoying in the extreme to have those collapsed panels fly in and out for no apparent reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (586) b.pngim using Photoshop CS6 and i cant see the path tools...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to "WINDOW - WORKSPACE- GRAPHIC AND WEB" 

That worked for me to get the "path" option next to the elptical symbol in the optons bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That happened to me.  I was in 3D workspace mode.  I switched back to Window - Workspace - Essentials and paths came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines