• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply Preset on import resets guided upright corrections

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest LR classic and Mac OS, If i apply a preset on import, lightroom will reset the guided upright corrections.  However if i apply a preset after import then upright corrections stay as desired.  Is there any way to change this.  Note: preset is not supposed to alter upright changes it only includes Auto WB, clarity adjustment and lens corrections

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can Lightroom reset Guided Upright on import? Guided upright is a manual correction, so how can that be applied already on an image that is just imported?

If you mean that some automatic upright (like auto level) is included in your camera defaults and gets reset by the preset, then you could add that automatic upright to the preset. Check ‘Upright Mode’.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a photographer, he opens the images in lightroom, makes some small corrections/suggestions, does some straightening usually using guided, he will then crops and tag images.  His changes are written to XMP, I then open the files and process the images. If i apply a preset on import it removes his guided straightening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Andy+Gib  wrote

I work with a photographer, he opens the images in lightroom, makes some small corrections/suggestions, does some straightening usually using guided, he will then crops and tag images.  His changes are written to XMP, I then open the files and process the images. If i apply a preset on import it removes his guided straightening.

We are discussing this in the feedback forums too, and we may have found the explanation. Is the preset you use on import an older kind of preset? Perhaps one you made in Lightroom 6 or earlier? If so, check with a text editor if the Process Version is perhaps set to an older version than "10.0". Or, create the same preset again and see if that solves the problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i first noticed this i created a new catalog then created my preset and did the testing on a RAW file with no XMP.  So there is no previous version interference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are sure that you did not keep Transformations checked when you saved the preset? You would not be the first person, nor the last, who forgot to uncheck that or thought it wouldn’t matter because the image used to create the preset had no transformations anyway. I have even seen commercial presets with options checked that were not relevant for that preset. The person who reported this just found that creating a new preset solves the problem, so your problem seems to be different again. I have tested it myself, and I can’t reproduce it, so I still think it’s user error, not a new bug.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Andy+Gib  wrote

When i first noticed this i created a new catalog then created my preset and did the testing on a RAW file with no XMP.  So there is no previous version interference.

By the way: how can you test this on a raw file without xmp? When you import a raw file that does not have an xmp, then that raw file cannot have any transformations applied to it yet. So how can you test if applying a preset on import resets transformations if there aren’t any?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a glitch with the latest Lightroom update. I apply a preset on import, then if I apply straightening and then decide to add a different preset, it resets the straightening even though the added preset has all transform options unchecked. It's quite annoying and slows down workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are talking about applying a second preset, after applying the first on import? That sounds like a bug. Report it on https://feedback.photoshop.com

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so for example I have my standard preset which I apply to all images on import, then I may convert some to b/w using a different preset, or I may create a new preset which I'll use on a batch of similar images. It's not a huge problem because usually I'll do the straightening etc as the last stage of the process, but occasionally I may decide to go back and change the preset and it's then that I'll have to redo the straightening etc. It's just irritating really as it didn't used to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does indeed sound like a bug. I've seen other bug reports about applying a preset on import, but these were slightly different (they say the preset resets custom camera defaults), so there definitely seems to be something wrong with applying a preset on import.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've just found a thread where my exact problem has been reported, so I've added mine to that. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I've just realised that thread was discussing ACR and not Lightroom. Oops!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the Link to the thread.  Lightroom and ACR share code so might be more info for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines