• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Fonts Are Gone!!! Adobe CC 2018 Premiere Pro Invalid Font on Mac

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends, please help!!! I just updated my Premiere CC and other programs in the toolbar and now when I open a Premiere project it says "Invalid font." None of my Helveticas are working that I use for titles. How do I get my fonts back??? Does anybody know how to fix this on a Mac? Please help I'm on a client deadline!!!

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 11.03.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 11.11.29 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which number OS are you on? I've noted a number of things that have been posted here and the most common denominator I can see is 10.11 and 10.12.

And several users noting that at update to OS 10.13.4 it magically worked better. Just a wild guess, but might be worth looking at.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have OS 10.3.4 and on PP 12.1.1 and am having the exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 10.12.6, but I don't think this has anything to do with the Mac, because I updated PP through the Adobe CC App portable on the tool bar a few days ago and it was absolutely fine prior to that.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this??? I tried to find and change the name of the font cache folder I saw from a different post, but I couldn't find the folder.

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 4.44.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact issue, my Type Kit fonts don't sync anymore, i have to click Sync Type kit fonts when the page opens,

it's frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work after you sync the Typekit fonts? If so, I'll try that. I'm disappointed that Adobe hasn't created a patch for this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: How do I fix the "Invalid Font" issue?

This is from a support thread that started back in February.  Maybe what worked for Dangertree​ will work for your issue, Herron Creative Works.

In case the link doesn't work, here is what he wrote:

I had this problem in Premiere 2018. For the life of me, I could not figure it out. So I opened Apple Pages and wrote a few lines using the font that Premiere did not like. Suddenly, Premiere began recognizing the font in my sequence. I still get the error messages, but my sequence now has all the lower-thirds I created with the "Invalid Font." Worth a shot.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll try it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave what you suggested a go, but not luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From old threads some people tried going to Preferences - General - unchecked 'Show Event Indicator'

other people who have updated Teamviewer rolled back to a previous version and the fonts were back to normal

Try either of these

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi HerronCreativeWorks,

Please add your comment and vote to the following bug report: Support all fonts again. – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines