• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How best to reuse 6 identical selection lists bound to a CFC method

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 6 'selection lists' over 3 cfforms type=html on the same cfm that are pulling the same data using the CFC method "readdiadoctypename". The returned data is a single column query set of document types. For example, one is in the search area of the form, a second allowing the user to filter results, a third in the edit area, allowing the user to select a new one, a fourth on a seperate tab in an area where they can edit the selection list (here it uses autosuggest instead of a select list). Any variation in the bind attribute is related to the type of response in case of error, and is not important. Variations in the class attribute are not critical either. Also some have bindonload set to true, but this also could be true for all. However, since I use bindings and other fields are bound to these fields including one called subdoctypes, I don't think I can use an include or cfinclude. This seems like a performance improvement opportunity. Is there a better approach? Here is the code used for each of the 6 calls.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of binding, invoke the method and reuse the resulting variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan, Good idea. I think that may be the answer. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks. I had a binding hammer and everything was looking like an AJAX nail 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That did the trick. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation