• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Target Available Disk Space Usage ?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi does anyone know where I can find the "Target Available Disk Space Usage" option in lightroom cc. I have version 1.3 for windows 10 and have made sure that both "store a copy .. " are unchecked, however lightroom keeps trying to download previews for all my photos until it fills up my hdd and crashes the computer.  In the help it says that you can limit disk usage using the "target Available disk space usage" slider, but this is not present in my version of lightroom cc. 

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Colin

PS I did try Adobe support, but apparently it is meant to fill up my hdd and crash my computer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JasperTheDog,

The feature is still available, but it’s no longer a slider. Use the stepper to adjust the target storage amount.

screen_shot_2018-04-30_at_9.46.40_am.png

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

thanks for the reply, unfortunately that only affects the photo cache and not the required space.  I have tried this set from anywhere between 0 and 20% of remaining space and still lightroom downloads previews until the disk is full. It is currently sitting with 60GB of previews leaving me with 7MB of disk space.  I have both the options to store copies locally unselected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jasper,

This thread may help....... Lightroom Library.lrlibrary - getting bigger and bigger

Out of interest, how many GBs do you currently have stored in the Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines