• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: This project was created in a newer version

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this error. I'm on the newest version.

The project sometimes opens when double-clicked.

I have saved as a newer version when it opens, but still, won't open when tried to open from the welcome screen or open recent dialogue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

I have been using premiere since morning and the problem seems to have been rectified.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please tell me what is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this error. I'm on the newest version.

Based on the error message, those are contradictory claims.  If the first is true, the second can't be.  If the second is true, the first won't be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you on? Open Premiere Pro, look at Help -> About. Report the version number: the newest version at present is 12.1.1. Recent versions also include 12.1, 12.0,and 12.0.1.

Do you have more than one version installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the version, it should show like this:

12.1.1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 7.23.58 PM.png

Attaching screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have 2017 still on your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name from Error is ADOBE.

We have some machines where ist 12.0.1 an the ADOBE Cloud have now update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. I am on Creative Cloud, and JUST loaded the newest version. So, the unhelpful post above that says that the two cannot exist is freaking hilarious (NO HELP AT ALL). I have updated the absolute newest version and have attempted to edit a project created by another person, and am getting this message. Can anyone help? I have a deadline and I am dead in the water. I am on Adobe Premiere Pro CC version 2017.1.2 Release (it says 11.1.2 Build (22) at bottom of info window)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.1.1 is the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not according the most recent update my friend. It appears you have an old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017.1.2 is the most recent version according to the update I did a few hours ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my response, but if Adobe update does not update as per what I did, what am I supposed to do? I am incredibly frustrated by this! Is there a difference between a build, and a version? I have no idea how to update any further than the automatic update on Adobe Update. Am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is the latest.

12.1.1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just today updated my version, and I am not seeing the same version listed by Ann Bens. I used Adobe Update. What the heck is going on here?!?! Here is the version that I have after doing the update today. Is there any other way to update? My updater shows that I have the current update (Mac by the way, if that makes any difference) Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 3.06.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to catch it before the stupid animation rolled past it. Here is my version;Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 3.16.36 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please un-install and re-install. This updates the version but I don't know if the problems will vanish yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see your frustration.

I believe you picked "update" in the cloud desktop, but for the 2017 (version 11). So you have the latest 2017 version, which is actually 2017.1.4 or 11.1.4 - due to dolby issues, 11.1.2 became 11.1.4, but it only removes dolby files and does not change the number in the help about screen.

If you want 2018.1.1 (12.1.1), you will see an app with no number (Premiere Pro CC). I"m not sure if it will say "Install" or "Update." When you pick it, look to see if there is an advanced options. If there is, be sure to select to KEEP previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is to open the CC app and update from there.

If you are not able to update.

Uninstall the CC app and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, completely by accident I believe I found out what the problem was. Adobe Updater needed an "Update". Unbelievable. You'd think that the updater would know if it was out of date and needed to be updated! hehehe. Downloaded the newest version of the updater and it now looks like i have the latest software (I was able to load the project without any other issues). If anyone runs into this issue, download the newest version of Creative Cloud Updater. Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cybersib could you please tell how to update the adobe updater. The problem seems to be back for me.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 10.45.53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Avinashr,

Yes, I re-downloaded the entire CC desktop app. Download Creative Cloud desktop app

I hope this works for you my friend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

avinashr60929084  schrieb

cybersib  could you please tell how to update the adobe updater. The problem seems to be back for me.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 10.45.53 AM.png

I think ADOBE managers do not even know

What you do in practice with locking old versions.

You do not think about it either.

The customer can see how he gets along!

Dear ADOBE Manager, you can also bypass your lock,

is annoying and costs time,

but it works!

So it's terror what you're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haiku?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines