• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ordering topics on the Project pane

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have another question about my RH HTML X5.0.2 project, which is used to generate both help files and documents.

Is there a way to sort topics on the Project pane in the same way as on the TOC pane? I would like to have them in that order instead of alphabetically - for easier editing and because it is the order the topics will be displayed in the document version of the project.

The way I've "solved" it now is to start each topic name with the chapter and section number used for that topic in the corresponding heading in the Word version of the project. However, that sequence number will then be visible superfluously in the help file version of the project, e.g. when searching for topics using the index. I'd like to be able to both skip that number in the topic title and sort the topics on the Project pane in my preferred order.

Thanks in advance,
Greger Nässén
Stockholm, Sweden

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregor.

I'm afraid their isn't any way to sort the topics. Also by adding the numbers to the topic name you will come a cropper when you reach double figures as you get something like 1, 10, 11, 2, 3, 4, etc.

You can arrange topics into folders that mirror your document chapters. Maybe that would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want has been introduced in RH8.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to the fine advice my colleagues have offered, note that if all you want is the ability to edit topics while looking at the TOC, you may open them in the editor by double-clicking their links in the TOC. So instead of switching between the TOC and Project Manager, you would essentially leave the TOC open and work from there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
...except for books linked to topics, which won't open the topic with a double click. These must be opened by right clicking and selecting Edit,

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp