• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why no customer support 24/7?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use our computers 24/7 all over the world. We pay a monthly subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud and yet when we have a fundamental problem such as the 'updating presets to XMP' issue there seems to be no support except Mon to Fri 9-5 GMT. In this day and age this simply isn't good enough Adobe! I cannot use my LR Classic and I have important photos to edit.
The forums are full of complaints and ideas of how to solve the issue but I am very reluctant to try these. This has been ongoing since the update was launched and yet I cannot find anything from Adobe officially on how to solve the problem. Has the invitation to install the update been retracted or are more people falling into the same black hole as everyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum is probably the closest thing to 24/7 that you will get, but we are just users like yourself. If that isn't good enough then you will have to deal with what Adobe offers. If you have a problem that we can help you with then please express it as clearly as possible. Otherwise, try to deal with Adobe when it's convenient and possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have the 2 issues - lack of customer support 24/7 and what to do with a seized up Lightroom Classic. Like many other people I have the 'updating develop presets to XMP' window issue which has been on my screen for about 5 hours now. I can see the Presets window on the left in the Develop module and the layout does seem to have changed with the word Classic in front of several entries. I'm not sure what to do for the best on my Mac running High Sierra 10.13.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having issues with the LR Classic 7.3 update my best suggestion is to roll back to LR 7.2. Do NOT update any of your systems to LR 7.3 and wait for Adobe to issue a new release that resolves these issues.  As you've discovered there are some workarounds to correct the issue you mention as well as the sort order of presets issue. I would only suggest doing so if you absolutely need one of the new features in LR 7.3 NOW. Rolling back using the Creative Cloud app is the easiest solution. Click on the arrow next to Lightroom Classic CC 'Update,' select 'Other versions,' and then select CC 7.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that looks promising. Do I force quit on the open Lightroom I have now before attempting this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please close the LR Task and all other open applications and then restart your system. If you have any issues with the 7.2 roll back please let us know, but I don't anticipate you will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do all this tomorrow and let you know how I get on Thank you for taking the time to help me. I did not know you could go back to previous editions so I've learned something tonight. I do not need the new presets and I will search the forums before I ever do another update! Shutting down very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut the computer down last night and it took several attempts to make the 'force quit' work. When I started the computer this morning LR started automatically! I have the new version and all seems to be well - I am very surprised and cautiously pleased for the moment...However there are clearly issues with this update and what works for one does not necessarily work for others. Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help. Some users are having issues with the conversion of their custom Develop presets during the 7.3 installation. This may have been what caused your lockup. Others have also experienced issues with the proper sort order of their presets being lost. If you have no issues with your Develop presets then 7.3 should be OK for now. The one exception is the LR Backup process.

Some users (self included) have found when LR 7.3 backups are unzipped to restore a catalog it is showings as corrupted and unusable. Please make your catalog backup copies manually by copying the .lrcat file from the below folder to your backup drive until Adobe correct this in an update.

Mac

/Users/[username]/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Windows

C:\Users\[user name]\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I see that Adobe have issued an update to Lr 7.3 which I have been using ok. I am backing everything up regularly.

I have noticed that there is an update available which I am reluctant to download after reading other users' comments.

Do you have any views on latest update?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I updated two weeks ago to Lightroom 7.3.1 on my iMac High Sierra  and have not experienced any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I will try it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having any issues with LR 7.3.1 on Windows 7 except the Develop preset sort order mess, which remains from 7.3. The catalog backup ZIP corruption issue appears to be fixed in LR 7.3.1. I still suggest manually copying & pasting your catalog file(s) to your back up drive as a precaution and run an integrity check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines