• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Re-Sign an Old CS5.5 Extension

New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a large customer for whom we wrote a CS5.5 InDesign Extension about 5 years ago. 2 years ago we re-built and signed the Extension. The code signing cert was only good for 2 years. 2 years have passed and we no longer have the old Extension Builder available or anyone who would  know what to do with it ...

I thought I could take the old ZXP file, unzip it, remove the META-INF dir (and the signature.xml file in it), and then resign it with ZXPSignCmd and a new cert.

I thought wrong.

The Adobe Extension Manager reports that the signature is not valid.

I would appreciate any help.

TIA,

mlavie

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're having fun with ZXPSignCmd, also consider PlayerDebugMode to run them unsigned. Details are mentioned in Adobe Creative Suite SDK​. I have no idea whether that still works, I just remember having seen that flag ages ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

That does not seem to be helping. Should I remove the META-INF\Signature.xml?

Maybe it has to be placed manually in the same folder that the old Extension Builder would place debug versions in? And what folder would that be?

Thanks,

mlavie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mlavie,

sorry, I haven't personally used ExtensionBuilder since around PatchPanel / CS4 - completely returned to plugins, and also for now skipped CEP.

I just retried the link, it opened in the front page of the bundle. Have you found PlayerDebugMode discussed within Programmer's Guide >> Debugging? I'm afraid I can't help beyond that.

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here for debug mode info Setting Cep Debug Mode and Log Level the Easy Way | Creative-Scripts.com

P.s. There's a Extensions / Add-ons Development for these sort of questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding signing the extension you probably need a old version of the ZXPSignCmd the signing process is quite simple.

You do not need to remove the META folder it will be regenerated on resigning or ignored if debug mode set to false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, this thread is about CS5.5 Flex extensions but cross posting won't hurt in such edge cases.

mlavie, as an afterthought: have you checked that the root certificate backing your new signing certificate is supported by your testing and deployment machines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dirk, when I set up that forum I deliberately included the terms CEP, Extensions and Add-ons as a felt that one of those terms should stay relevant for some time even given modern tendencies of changing names, methods etc. That's why you won't find the term HTML on the forum.

So now you know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines