• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Folders and Catalogs

New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR 5.7 in Windows 10. I just added images to a new folder and noticed that the previous folders and catalogs that existed in the left panel are all missing. The only folder showing now is the one I just now added. I always add a new catalog to the left panel with edited photos in it. The same thing here...only the new catalog is showing with all the previous catalogs missing. Under "All Photographs" only the images I just added  are showing...all previous images are not listed.  Is there a  way to recover or move the folders and catalogs back to where they were in the left pane? If I click on Library>Find Missing Photos, it tells me there are no photos missing, All photos  in this catalog are available.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you accidentally opened a new catalog. Go to File->Open Recent and select each catalog in taht list until you find the catalog that shows your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalogues and folders are not listed when I do that….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you adding so many new catalogs? One catalog is all that is really necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add a catalog for each assignment with edited images only (all retouches, crops, etc.) within it…makes it real quick to go to and send or use as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your operating system's search feature to search for all files whose name ends with .LRCAT

Double-click on each one to open it so you can see what photos are shown, until you find the catalog of interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oneshotski wrote

the previous folders and catalogs that existed in the left panel are all missing.

Lightroom has never listed catalogs in the left panel, only folders.

Do you by any chance mean collections?

Opening a different catalog always requires a relaunch, since only one catalog can be open at any one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes I meant Collections….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case, it sounds like you have opened the wrong catalog, and you should do a search for .lrcat files as adviced above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

The catalogues and folders are not listed when I  do that….

What do you see under File->Open Recent??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see just a couple of old catalogs but not any of the most recent ones that I am interested in. When I click on one, I am asked if I want to relaunch Lightroom with that catalog…when I do, the images appear in my left panel…if I could just find my recent catalogs and folders and relaunch them back into my left panel that would be what I want to do…I don’t know what happened for them to disappear in the first place or how to find them now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines